Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wings Air flights leaving early (IW 1821 MOF-DPS)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Wings Air flights leaving early (IW 1821 MOF-DPS)

I have a Wings Air flight coming up in a few weeks. Based upon lots of horror stories about all of the potential issue with Wings around cancelled flights and delays, I started looking at the track record of the specific flight. I've noticed that there are several days where the flight seems to leave roughly 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.

Data is from FlightRadar24 for flight one. And from both FlightRadar24 and Flightaware for flight 2 and only Flightaware for flight 3
1 26JUL Departure Scheduled at 0835 Actual Departure at 0732
2 29JUL Departure Scheduled at 0835 Actual Departure at 0734
3 21JUL Departure Scheduled at 0835 Actual Departure at 0810

If the data is accurate, how does anyone plan for that level of early departure? Is this common in this part of the world (or at least with Wings / Lion Air)?

Other days the actual and scheduled departure we within a few minutes.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe all ticketed passengers checked in an hour plus before scheduled departure.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Maybe all ticketed passengers checked in an hour plus before scheduled departure.
Theoretically possible. It is a continuation of a flight from another island and I guess if no one (or just a few people) were going they left. That is just a shocking "leave early" percentage over a two week period.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Which flight number?
It could also be that Wings Air adjusted its schedule to a 7:30 departure (from 8:30) and that this was not reflected in the database used by Flightradar24. But the actual flight times come from another source.
I have seen that happen for other airlines.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Which flight number?
IW1821.

I hadn't thought that of that possibility. I just went over to Wings Air site and looked at their MOF-DPS schedule and compared the first week of August against the data shown in FlightRadar 24.
04Aug - Match
05Aug - Match
06Aug - Match
07Aug - Match
08Aug - Match
09Aug - Mismatch. FlightRadar24 shows the 0835 departure, but Wings is selling tickets for 0730.

Glad you pointed that out - makes me feel a little better that it is more than likely a data issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.