Wiki Posts
Search

FJ Y/J Mixed Itin baggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of the above
FJ Y/J Mixed Itin baggage allowance

Hello all - searched the forms and the web, can't find this answer anywhere. Flew AKL-NAD in Y, stopped over, then NAD-SFO-JFK in J all on a single itinerary. Was checking some relatively heavy bags, but would have cleared the J allowance. On the AKL-NAD leg, they charged me for substantial excess bag fees. I was under the impression that the baggage rules were for the most generous leg of the itinerary. Do I have grounds to challenge that charge?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: QF WP
I don’t know the answer but wonder if the length of the stopover might affect things?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: All of the above
2 nights - decompression after running around NZ
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC
I don't know for certain, but I would suspect that the J allowance should extend to cover the initial sector you were charged for.

What did it say on your ticket?

They do document that they extend domestic allowance to mixed Dom and Int journeys.

https://www.fijiairways.com/en-gb/fl...ge-allowances/

You can see this in the notes at the bottom of the page.

So you might infer that they could do the same for mixed economy and business journeys but you cannot assume.

How about calling up and asking for a potential booking similar to what you have just flown and ask the sales staff to confirm the luggage allowance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.