Search

Vietnam Schedules

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Vietnam Schedules

Hi All

Had a quick search but couldn't find a direct answer. Basically, we are looking for a few flights next year, late March, early April, best options look like Vietnam Airlines and HK Express.

SIN-HAN HAN-HUI DAD-HKG

First question, when can I expect schedules to be released for those dates?
Secondly, with HK Express being bought by Cathay, does anyone know whether they will be absorbed into the Cathay schedule or will they continue to operate individually?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:11 pm

Q2. UO is still an individual separate entity of CX
When will UO be absorbed by CX, a crystal ball question, no FTers can answer you.
if you wish to take DAD-HKG, I bet you need to buy UO revenue tickets, UO seems not to be too expensive, do they?

Does KA operate DAD HKG at your date of travel ?Do you find any reward availability of that KA flight ?

Last edited by cheung.chunyuenc; May 15, 2019 at 5:16 pm Reason: Recommendation for OP to look for KA Award flights
Old May 16, 2019, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
Q2. UO is still an individual separate entity of CX
When will UO be absorbed by CX, a crystal ball question, no FTers can answer you.
if you wish to take DAD-HKG, I bet you need to buy UO revenue tickets, UO seems not to be too expensive, do they?

Does KA operate DAD HKG at your date of travel ?Do you find any reward availability of that KA flight ?
There is no award availiabity for the dates I am looking at.

For UO, the price goes up significantly just before our planned date which is either because they are being absorbed into Cathay or they haven't released the full schedule yet.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
CX purchase of HKE (UO) is not completed yet. Besides all the usual conditions for completion (clearance by various authorities, consents or termination on various contracts), there is a pending contest of ownership in HKE; that could be tricky.
Anyway, until completion CX cannot really start "managing" HKE and its schedule. CX has little to do with your problem.

More likely, the yield management of UO tell them that your date should be busy dates. You do not give exact dates, but that might be during Ching Ming festival (public holiday) where Chinese go to the tombs of their family. Lots of travel around that time.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
CX purchase of HKE (UO) is not completed yet. Besides all the usual conditions for completion (clearance by various authorities, consents or termination on various contracts), there is a pending contest of ownership in HKE; that could be tricky.
Anyway, until completion CX cannot really start "managing" HKE and its schedule. CX has little to do with your problem.

More likely, the yield management of UO tell them that your date should be busy dates. You do not give exact dates, but that might be during Ching Ming festival (public holiday) where Chinese go to the tombs of their family. Lots of travel around that time.
Thanks Brunos, that looks like exactly my problem. I never like to put exact dates I am away on public forums for obvious reasons. I’ve shuffled my dates slightly which has solved the problem, it also looks like I’ll be in Hong Kong during the festival.

Old May 21, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM
This is just my opinion, but I would wait a few months before trying to book anything. Vietnam's airline landscape is quickly changing, and who knows how Bamboo Airways is going to affect everything. There might even be another airline flying out of HAN and DAD by that point. See how the HKE transition plays out as well as Bamboo's growth the next few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.