Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam airlines booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aerclub,ba executive, flying blue, miles and more
Vietnam airlines booking

First time I've booked with Vietnam airlines. The flight in question is still 10 months out. I used the app to purchase tickets. It's been a week since I booked and they've still not taken money out of account. The purchase was pending until a couple of days ago but it's now disappeared. They have sent me confirmation and when typing in confirmation code it all seems confirmed. Confused by this, never experienced anything like this. Anyone with any experience or dealings with them?

​​​​​​
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ticket has been issued? If yes, you are good to go. Nothing to worry about. Rest assured that the amount will appear as a charge at some stage.
kokonutz likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Yes they eventually charged it.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM
I recently booked flights with VN segments via DL and also had issues. In my case, I received 2 separate $8300 pending charges a couple of hours apart where there should only have been first one. I asked Delta to look into the second charge and was told there had been some delay with VN's process and assured me that the second pending charge would eventually disappear. It did, after a week or so. Good thing my credit limit is high, as AmEx said they "could not" remove a pending charge and I'd just have to wait it out.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dalehill
I recently booked flights with VN segments via DL and also had issues. In my case, I received 2 separate $8300 pending charges a couple of hours apart where there should only have been first one. I asked Delta to look into the second charge and was told there had been some delay with VN's process and assured me that the second pending charge would eventually disappear. It did, after a week or so. Good thing my credit limit is high, as AmEx said they "could not" remove a pending charge and I'd just have to wait it out.
Thats pretty much exactly what happened to me. 2 separate pending charges then they both disappeared. They eventually charged the correct amount after a week or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.