Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines

I have to travel to the Philippines and I usually use the Middle East carriers or Cathay Pacific. I see that PAL now are offering a non stop service from London Heathrow to Manila using new A350's and the Business class cabin is fitted with a 1-2-1 configuration.
My last flight with PAL was years ago and was not particularly memorable but I have read that they are making real efforts to improve their service.
I would really like to hear any comments about PAL's J class service, seat comfort, meal selection, wines, crew efficiency etc and particularly from anyone who has taken this flight.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by dave31
I have to travel to the Philippines and I usually use the Middle East carriers or Cathay Pacific. I see that PAL now are offering a non stop service from London Heathrow to Manila using new A350's and the Business class cabin is fitted with a 1-2-1 configuration.
My last flight with PAL was years ago and was not particularly memorable but I have read that they are making real efforts to improve their service.I would really like to hear any comments about PAL's J class service, seat comfort, meal selection, wines, crew efficiency etc and particularly from anyone who has taken this flight.
You may want to check this link for various experiences flying PR A350.
[PREM FARE GONE] Philippine Airlines, LHR-HKG, £500 J return
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:19 pm

I just flew them this last week. I posted a trip review today actually. They were excellent and I would thoroughly recommend them.
fairhsa and plunet like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
If you are just going between London and Manila (not transitting) then you should find them to be world class and much cheaper than the competition. If you have to transit in Manila... it brings down the average positive score of any experience ! But their new aircraft are excellent.
trooper likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on PAL inflight service in 2022? Have they gone back to the old standard of service, multi-course meals delivered directly on the table? or are they still using the archaic system of one tray meals in business class covered in plastic now that we know that that does not spread Covid?

Are there printed menus? and amenity kits again?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Wondering if anyone here has flown on their new A321 neo's recently. Not particularly looking forward to 8 hrs in Y.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone comment on PAL inflight service in 2022? Have they gone back to the old standard of service, multi-course meals delivered directly on the table? or are they still using the archaic system of one tray meals in business class covered in plastic now that we know that that does not spread Covid?

Are there printed menus? and amenity kits again?

Same question here. Their serice as of mid 2021 was really, really bad from food perspective.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
What happened to their PE seating? Did they do away with it?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by blueman2
Same question here. Their serice as of mid 2021 was really, really bad from food perspective.
Just flew it, it was very good! Multi-course meals, slippers, hot towels, pre-departure drinks in glass, everything plated on the table and no trays. It has returned to normal and is a pleasant experience although the 2-3-2 angle flat seating on the 777s is poor, and both the domestic and international lounges in Manila are garbage.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:18 pm
Suspended

I realized the original post was from 2019. Business class roundtrip fares now from U.S. to Asia cost multiples of $4000.
Let's talk about inflation .

Last edited by Mama; May 14, 2022 at 1:16 am
Old May 20, 2022, 12:35 am

Yep, are able to squeeze in more Y Pax. Did it as part of coming out of bankruptcy I believe.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is transiting thru MNL alright nowadays?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Mosaic, AsiaMiles, Mabuhay, Alaska
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Is transiting thru MNL alright nowadays?
Pretty iffy. My recent flight ended at MNL, but pretty soon after leaving airside, there was a long quarantine checkpoint that took us over an hour to clear. If you're transiting within the terminal, I guess you'll be fine. If you need to exit the terminal to catch your connection, you're gonna get held up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 9:52 am

I have flown domestic routes in the Philippines, and their flights were just perfect
Great planes, great service. It amazed me
jeffrocowboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.