Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air Astana involuntary cancellation policy - Rebooking / EU261

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

Air Astana have cancelled the LHR-TSE flight I was due to take on 27th Dec (10 days before the flight). I received an SMS & email informing me the booking is being shifted to 28th Dec.

There is are indirect flights available on 27th Dec (LHR-FRA-TSE, LHR-SVO-TSE - the former is bookable on airastana.com). When I've spoken to the airline call centre in Astana, I'm told that I can move the booking to an Air Astana flight a day before/after my original booking (there is no direct flight on 26th Dec, so 28th Dec is only option) or get a full refund. Re-booking on the indirect flights (where the first sector is operated by a partner/other Airline) is not an option according to the call centre staff I've spoken to so far (it's night time over there, so I haven't spoken to anyone with much authority yet).

By my understanding, EU 261 provides €600 compensation from a cancellation/delay announced less than 14 days before the flight. However, getting there on 27th Dec is more important to me than compensation. It's a long shot, but does anyone have experience of Air Astana in this kind of situation? If I took a full refund for the original flight, booking the outward flight via Frankfurt would be ~£100 more expensive per person (we are two people flying) - but if I did that I think I'd no longer be eligible for EU 261 compensation and I'd prefer to avoid being out of pocket for a situation not of my own making.

Thanks in advance for any experience on this.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.