Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Airlines is Ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHPlat, SQ PPS
Hong Kong Airlines is Ridiculous

TLDR: Hong Kong Airlines moved my flight and refuses to change it back because it won't downgrade me to coach on the BKK-HKG leg.

I am mid itinerary on a business class flight LAX-HKG-BKK then return BKK-HKG-LAX. I had a 4am return flight to HKG which got cancelled. No problem, just move me to the 320am flight. No, they wont because there is no business class left. So they moved me to an 8am flight causing me to miss my connection by 10 minutes. So now I have to wait until the next day. I have important meetings and cannot wait another day (I also dont want to pay for a hotel in HKG). So I called them and said just put me in coach for the BKK-HKG leg, and they refused because it is a change in class of service. I called Expedia, and Expedia got them to agree, but they said they would email me in 3 days No email. So I went to the airport and had the agent change it. She said they would email me. Nope. So I did their live chat and they basically refuse to do it. They don't refuse per se, but they say they don't have the authority to do it. Do you think if I just go to the airport for the 3am flight they will put me n the flight? The airline is ridiculous.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:44 am

Yes do go standby at HKG. Oftentimes the airport staff are more empowered than general reservations, after they take over the flight nearer to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.