Search

Which domestic airline in Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Which domestic airline in Indonesia

I am looking for a domestic CGK-DPS, and all 5-6 of the local airlines are 2-3x cheaper than Garuda. I'd rather not pay the Garuda premium ($500 for two rt tickets). Do you have any recommendations for which of the domestic ones are more reliable and safe? Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:16 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I would honestly recommend Citilink over the other Indonesian airlines (when not flying Garuda).

It is a subsidiary of Garuda.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've flown Lion once. If I can get where I'm going on Garuda that's what I fly. Air Asia and Lion are unreliable and if things go wrong they really stink. I'd check business fares. Usually they aren't much more than economy. Otherwise, Citilink.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:53 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I always fly with Garuda. In all my time flying I have found Garuda to be the best over every other airline I've flown on.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: JL JGC
i'd recommend Batik Air or Citilink. i mostly fly them outside for work and haven't had major issue so far.
my other option will be airasia when they are cheaper though my flights with them tend to be late
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Sriwijaya have 3-4 daily departures as well. I have flown with them a couple of times, and they were fine. You might have seen in the news that Garuda are in the process of taking over operations of Sriwijaya.

Generally speaking, USD250 return on Garuda would be fine in my opinion.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:14 am

Recently I bought a ticket from DPS to JOG. The original price when buying on Garuda website from abroad was 90 euro one way. When I turned on VPN with location in Indonesia, the price went down to 46 euro.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nanyang
Sriwijaya have 3-4 daily departures as well. I have flown with them a couple of times, and they were fine. You might have seen in the news that Garuda are in the process of taking over operations of Sriwijaya.
I'm actually surprised to hear this. I've always thought of Sriwijaya to be one of the more successful independent Indonesian Airlines.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
I am looking for a domestic CGK-DPS, and all 5-6 of the local airlines are 2-3x cheaper than Garuda. I'd rather not pay the Garuda premium ($500 for two rt tickets). Do you have any recommendations for which of the domestic ones are more reliable and safe? Thanks!
1X cheaper would be free so 2-3X cheaper means they pay you to fly - sweet deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.