Wiki Posts
Search

Flying China Airlines - paid lounge access in TPE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Flying China Airlines - paid lounge access in TPE

We are flying with China Airlines in PE via TPE to Bali.
Since we don't have any status with CI or Skyteam partner, I am considering to purchase lounge access during our 3 and a half hour layover in TPE.
It looks like the best options are the Plaza Premium Lounges. Has anyone had experience using either one in Terminal 1 or 2?
From the research I have done so far it seems that the Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 2 is the better and I am hoping that someone here might have some feedback.

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
If you do go to PPL you want to go to the one at the far bypassing the CI lounge. The other one situated in the middle is not very good.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
If you do go to PPL you want to go to the one at the far bypassing the CI lounge. The other one situated in the middle is not very good.
Thank you very much coolfish. I just checked the PPL site and it looks like the fees have gone up quite a bit, for 2 hours it is now US$ 42. I think I remember when it was for 3 hours and it was slightly less, now I have to think twice how to spend the 3.5 hours at TPE.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Nov 6, 2018 at 10:31 pm
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Thank you very much coolfish. I just checked the PPL site and it looks like the fees have gone up quite a bit, for 2 hours it is now US$ 42. I think I remember when it was for 3 hours and it was slightly less, now I have to think twice how to spend the 3.5 hours at TPE.
TPE is actually quite nice, and it shouldn't be too hard to spend 3.5 hours. It's not Changi per se, but in that time I would suppose that it is better to spend money to eat some Taiwanese food at the one of the restaurants or something. If you need a shower, there are free showers in T2 and T1, at certain locations. Bear in mind you need to bring your own towel. Finally, there are also rest areas and I am sure I've seen a sign that says there is a Library in the airport as well.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubeurope
TPE is actually quite nice, and it shouldn't be too hard to spend 3.5 hours. It's not Changi per se, but in that time I would suppose that it is better to spend money to eat some Taiwanese food at the one of the restaurants or something. If you need a shower, there are free showers in T2 and T1, at certain locations. Bear in mind you need to bring your own towel. Finally, there are also rest areas and I am sure I've seen a sign that says there is a Library in the airport as well.
Thank you clubeurope, I think that's what we are going to do, especially since for the 2 of us it would cost US$ 84 to spend 2 hours in any of the PPLounges and we can spend this, or actually less on a nice meal or somewhere else during our trip.

This does make me appreciate when I am able to use lounges when flying Star Alliance due to status or when flying in Business Class even more.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Thank you clubeurope, I think that's what we are going to do, especially since for the 2 of us it would cost US$ 84 to spend 2 hours in any of the PPLounges and we can spend this, or actually less on a nice meal or somewhere else during our trip.

This does make me appreciate when I am able to use lounges when flying Star Alliance due to status or when flying in Business Class even more.
have a safe and enjoyable trip!
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Thank you clubeurope...
clubeurope likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
TPE is actually quite nice, and it shouldn't be too hard to spend 3.5 hours. It's not Changi per se, but in that time I would suppose that it is better to spend money to eat some Taiwanese food at the one of the restaurants or something.
Some of the gates/waiting areas have displays on the history/culture of Taiwan (e.g. history of cinema, music, postal service, etc.). They're briefly mentioned here:

https://www.tripwellness.com/long-la...irport-taipei/

"not Changi" to be sure, but possible to kill some time reading those
yvrcnx and clubeurope like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
They won't kick you out after 2 hours, can't really trace you. However, $42 for 3.5 hours does sound quite steep. Do you not have any credit cards that offer PP?

If you do shower and go around the terminal I guess 3.5 hours is not too difficult to kill.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
They won't kick you out after 2 hours, can't really trace you. However, $42 for 3.5 hours does sound quite steep. Do you not have any credit cards that offer PP?

If you do shower and go around the terminal I guess 3.5 hours is not too difficult to kill.
I don't have any credit cards which would allow lounge access but we'll see how we feel when we arrive and decide what we'll do for the 3.5 hours. It's a small 1st world problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.