Wiki Posts
Search

What deals available with China Eastern via Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
What sweetners available with China Eastern via Shanghai

I'm looking at a Business Class Ticket bought on the internet via a OTA, from Asia to the USA. It is ticketed by China Eastern.
The Asian sector is operated by Shanghai Airlines and the cross connect is at PVG.
The PVG stopover in one direction is 10 hours, and in the other it is 20 hours. I will be away for 1 month.

Will I get offered accommodation and transportation in Shanghai by China Eastern ?
Will the tourist Chinese Visa be available to me, and work for both directions ?

Last edited by in2it54; Oct 2, 2018 at 7:33 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by in2it54
I'm looking at a Business Class Ticket bought on the internet via a OTA, from Asia to the USA. It is ticketed by China Eastern.
The Asian sector is operated by Shanghai Airlines and the cross connect is at PVG.
The PVG stopover in one direction is 10 hours, and in the other it is 20 hours. I will be away for 1 month.

Will I get offered accommodation and transportation in Shanghai by China Eastern ?
Will the tourist Chinese Visa be available to me, and work for both directions ?
1. For overnight layovers, the answer is generally yes, but MU doesn't partner with any nice hotels. The airport hotels are fine for the 10 hour layover. During the 20 hour layover, it's probably worth it to head into town, and get a decent hotel on your own.
2. You should be able to transit without a visa in both directions. The only reason to get a visa (in advance, in your home country) would be to give you more flexibility in the China portions of your trip (which, you won't need if you stick with the 10/20 hour stopovers).
Counterpointing likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.