Wiki Posts
Search

HINT: China Southern Seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation HINT: China Southern Seat selection

Couple days ago I booked a trip from Europe to Brisbane with them for the first time, flying Economy.
I added the tickets to my Flyingblue account and proceeded to select seats online, via the app and the FB call center.
None of these options actually worked.

I then called the local sales office in Europe, located in Frankfurt.
The, actually very friendly, agent then selected the seats for me. Afterwards he send me an Email containing an offer to purchase these seat assignments. I had 6 hours to decide. Of course I accepted and had to pay for those via wire transfer within a few hours.

OPTION 2:
Your Sky Pearl Club number has been added and then you can select seats via the seat selection on their website.
I didn’t have to go the mentioned “copy and Email passport etc.” route.

As I’ll not be able to collect Flyingblue XP or miles, I tried to enroll in their Sky Pearl Club online. This doesn’t work at all, neither with a Swiss nor German Cellphone.

BTW. I’ll be sitting in their Premium Economy seats now, for a very, very decent price...

Last edited by SwissCircle; Aug 8, 2018 at 2:45 am Reason: Content
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I contacted them by email and they suggested I sign up for SkyPearl. Problem is I don't live in China and seems hard to register without a Chinese cell phone.

So basically you called and got PE seating? How much did you pay, and what was the fare bucket of your original economy ticket?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:09 pm

Actually it’s pretty straightforward to sign up for their Sky Pearl Club...I’ve done it without incident. Other than the initial sign up, where a password is sent by sms, you can’t have success using a cellphone unless you have a Chinese mobile, but email works fine for all features. If all else fails, ring their call centre in China..,,they have an English option and there’s hardly any waiting time on hold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.