Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta Fast Track Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Platinum
Jakarta Fast Track Immigration

The last time I flew into Jakarta it was on a business class ticket and as a result I got a pass that got me into shorter lines at immigration. Does anyone know if this is still the way things work? Would it work if flying China Airlines or Garuda business class? Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:44 pm

they give only when youre flying GA in J
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Platinum
Thanks for that! I was going to book China Airlines but will book Garuda instead. By J do you mean any business class ticket? Or specifically a J fare?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
For GA that's Terminal 3. At Terminal 2 (if flying SQ, and several other airlines IIRC) you can use Fast Track immigration if flying Business. Instead of walking to the right past all the check-in counters to immigration (and then doubling back airside past all the shops to the lounges), you can clear immigration to the left of the SQ counter, go through a magic door and end up airside in front of the SQ (and other) lounges.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I think the OP is referring to flying into CGK, not out of.

All international flights are in the process of moving from T2 to T3. MH recently started, I just got an email that TG will be moving soon.

I fly business into CGK often (however, NEVER GA) and have never offered or seen fast track thru immigration. GA may be different.

Originally Posted by Daxiuyi
For GA that's Terminal 3. At Terminal 2 (if flying SQ, and several other airlines IIRC) you can use Fast Track immigration if flying Business. Instead of walking to the right past all the check-in counters to immigration (and then doubling back airside past all the shops to the lounges), you can clear immigration to the left of the SQ counter, go through a magic door and end up airside in front of the SQ (and other) lounges.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
I confirm No Fast lane on arrival entering Indonesia at CGK T2, while GA is offering this option at T3, I do not think even other Skyteam airlines already moved to T3 can get it as last March I arrived CGK T3 from JED with Saudia flying business and used same immigration desks as any other traveler, process was indeed very quick as T3 arrival hall did't seem crowded at all.

About the move of all remaining international flights from T2 to T3 it has been announced already many times but always postponed (June 2017, August, January 2018, April, July, ?) they are proceeding with a very low pace one airline at a time but who knows when they will complete, with this pace it could take from next 6 months to two years...
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:36 am

The prices for the fast track service seems to vary wildly, and I'm not sure which one to select - does anyone have good experiences to share with any of the companies offering them? I will need one for a CGK T3 arrival. Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by stargold
The prices for the fast track service seems to vary wildly, and I'm not sure which one to select - does anyone have good experiences to share with any of the companies offering them? I will need one for a CGK T3 arrival. Thanks
Our company uses Joumpa. I'm usually through T3 immigration pretty quickly so I don't think it adds much value.

You can book directly online here: https://www.joumpa.com/
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
I agree as above, immigration at T3 is quite fast, never wait more than 10-15 minutes even with the standards gates.

Even more if you are traveling business class or you have high tier FFP with airline you can use the "Priority" lanes, it is a mystery for me such priority lanes to whom are reserved as there is not any specific indication but so far my either my wife or I've never been refused, they are located at far left if I'm not wrong, near diplomatic and KITAP/KITAS lanes.

Beside that, especially if your luggage do not have priority tag you may end to wait at luggage belt another for another 30 minutes, thus the money spent for your priority service will be totally wasted.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
I agree as above, immigration at T3 is quite fast, never wait more than 10-15 minutes even with the standards gates.
I asked because the last time I was there, I seemingly landed straight after flights from Oman and China, and stood in a queue for nearly an hour!
Even more if you are traveling business class or you have high tier FFP with airline you can use the "Priority" lanes, it is a mystery for me such priority lanes to whom are reserved as there is not any specific indication but so far my either my wife or I've never been refused, they are located at far left if I'm not wrong, near diplomatic and KITAP/KITAS lanes.
If the departure security is anything to go by, Priority Lanes may indicate people who are elderly, pregnant, disabled etc, rather than J passengers - will take a closer look next time.
Beside that, especially if your luggage do not have priority tag you may end to wait at luggage belt another for another 30 minutes, thus the money spent for your priority service will be totally wasted.
Hand luggage only for these trips, which made the wait at immigrations all the more frustrating...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.