Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern sells me 5 tickets in J.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None. I'm cured.
China Southern sells me 5 tickets in J.

Booked BKK-YYZ for June/July on CZ in J. - 5 pax.

First leg BKK-CAN is booked in Y - that's ok.

All the other segments are confirmed in J. However, on closer examination, the last leg from CAN-BKK only has one row in J with 4 seats. Seat selection will not assign any seats for this segment - but their helpful customer service insists that seats will open up at check in. (Hmmm...)

Any advice/experience for this situation? Not flown with CZ before but unless they change metal to include an extra row of Business class seats I'm not sure how it's going to work.

Thanks.

mcm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:30 pm

What aircraft?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bub001
What aircraft?
CAN-BKK is a 320 I believe.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

There are 8 seats in Business on CZ A320. If you’re looking on Seat Alerts or similar, CZ always block the first row, but you’d expect it to open up at check-in
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
And seat assignments will not matter in this case. Even if the cabin is full, you guys dominate it :-)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bub001
There are 8 seats in Business on CZ A320. If you’re looking on Seat Alerts or similar, CZ always block the first row, but you’d expect it to open up at check-in
Seatguru also shows 8 seats on the 320.

But the seatmap on CZ website shows only 1 row of 4 seats.

I think they are changing the old configuration of 2 rows to just 1 row and it depends on which plane you are lucky enough to get on your flight.

This post from OMAAT also shows just 1 row of Business class.

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....s-a320-review/
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have a few configurations of the 320 and one has only one row in F class. Depends on what plane they use. If you don't get F they will no doubt give you the "economy plus" for the 5th seat although I'd rather have an exit row in economy on the 320 over either a F seat or any "economy plus" seat on the plane. Anyway, it's a short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.