Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Shenzhen airline seat selection when booking award tickets through another airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shenzhen airline seat selection when booking award tickets through another airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I booked award ticket from IAD-YYZ-LHR-SZX on Air Canada web site using Aeroplan miles. The IAD-YYZ-LHR flight is booked on Air Canada. The LHR-SZX is booked on Shenzhen airlines. I can select seats on IAD-YYZ-LHR flights because they are operated by Air Canada. When I called Shenzhen airlines to select the seat, the customer service representative confirmed my ticket but he couldn't select the seat because the ticket was not bought from Shenzhen airlines directly. Has anyone successfully selected Shenzhen airline seats when booking the ticket from another airlines?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:28 am

I have been able to do this through the Shenzhen Airlines website even though I booked through a third-party, although I had to go through the Check-in and seat selection menu instead of the "My booking" menu that I first tried to use but it couldn't find the booking.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gbyal
I have been able to do this through the Shenzhen Airlines website even though I booked through a third-party, although I had to go through the Check-in and seat selection menu instead of the "My booking" menu that I first tried to use but it couldn't find the booking.
Is the website https://global.shenzhenair.com/zhair.../chooseLan.do? I go through Seat Selection Check-in menu. It asks for "ID card number that you entered when booking tickets". Do you know what ID card number should I use?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:13 pm

Yes that's the website, I put my passport number for the ID number field.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Yes that's the website, I put my passport number for the ID number field.
Thanks for confirmation. But the web site doesn't recognize my passport number even though I added it to my ticket.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:45 pm

Seat selection

Hi is there a service fee or charge for booking your seats via this option? Thanks in advance Justin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.