Wiki Posts
Search

DL credit on China Eastern

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
DL credit on China Eastern

I plan a MR on MU. Is there a way to make sure of getting credit on Delta for the trip. I asked MU to add my DL Skymiles # to the reservation, but I cannot see it when I view my reservation. Even worse, I now have a MU frequent flyer #! Any suggestions?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:20 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
In my limited experience, they're a nightmare to deal with both on the internet and on the phone. You could try calling but in my experience they just tell you that they did what you want in order to get you off the phone.

I recall attempting to manage a reservation and that there were at least three separate webpages/websites that you could change seats/personal information/frequent flyer numbers, etc. There's several websites described in these threads which allow you to access your reservation: China Eastern Seat Selection, here Seat Selection on China Eastern When Booked with Delta Miles and here: Online check in and seat reservation for MU. At various times any one, all or none of those processes would work to access your reservation and change details.

You mostly need patience and a little luck. I remember it being easier to play around with the reservation inside the check-in window.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL G, UA G, IHG SA
Why do you have a MU FF number? That will make things complicated if the reservation is somehow linked to this number. When you check in at the airport, make sure your DL SM number is printed on the boarding pass. If not, talk to the counter and fix it immediately.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by luek096
Why do you have a MU FF number? That will make things complicated if the reservation is somehow linked to this number. When you check in at the airport, make sure your DL SM number is printed on the boarding pass. If not, talk to the counter and fix it immediately.
I made the mistake of registering with MU online in order to add my passport # to the reservation. Their system then enrolled me & assigned a MU frequent flyer#. I'm going to try to fix it on line, but as you suggest, I likely will need to get it done at the check in counter. Talking with them on the telephone seems to be a waist of time. They tell you it is fixed when nothing is done.
cmx likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
I put my DL skymiles number in at the time of booking, although I never was able to see it in the booking on the MU web site. At checkin I asked them to see if the DL number was there, and it was not so they added it and then it showed up on the BP. The miles showed up 5 days after the flight. Same thing happened on the return; the DL skymiles number needed to be added in again and then it showed up on the BP.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The one time my flight was not credited to DL SMs, I had no problem simpling sending in the request for miles and saw them in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.