Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Name spelled Maria on booking but Marie on Passport! [CZ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

I recently booked a trip for me and three friends but spelled one first name incorrect, its Maria on the booking but Marie in the passport. China Southern wont change the name but have put a note on the account. I also went to heathrow T4 and asked if they would issue the boarding pass with the miss-spelling and they said it shouldnt be an issue, but id prefer a more definitive answer. Anyone managed to travel with a small error like this?

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
This will be no issue at all. Happens every day/is very common. Airlines are used to deal with this. Don't worry
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
This will be no issue at all. Happens every day/is very common. Airlines are used to deal with this. Don't worry

Even if the airline wont change the name? China Southern customer service is not very helpful! Im going to go back to Heathrow friday and speak directly to the Check in desk and see what they advise.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by SRhysJones

Even if the airline wont change the name? China Southern customer service is not very helpful! Im going to go back to Heathrow friday and speak directly to the Check in desk and see what they advise.
Step back from the ledge.
Take a deep breath.
You asked the question, now read the responses.
It's no problem. My wife has similar issue on every ticket she has flown with in last 20 years, with the SAME name issue, because I once spelled it wrong.
Never fixed it because it was never a problem.
irishguy28 and kaffir76 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
My name has been misspelled worse than that. It has never impeded my flying in the slightest. The worst that ever happened is that I had to tell check-in agents what the misspelled version was so they could find me in the passenger list. That won't be a problem in your case. Don't worry.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. The worst part about it is that its my mum and i spelled her name wrong 😔
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk SRhysJones.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate this thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by SRhysJones
Thanks for the replies. The worst part about it is that its my mum and i spelled her name wrong 😔
Oh dear...spelling your own mum’s name wrong..,that’s your REAL problem!!! You should be investigating how to get her upgraded! 😉
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
No worries - my passport uses my shortened nickname I have had since a child while all my ID, cards, and tickets are all under my full name.
Never had an issue going anywhere so far.....
Nickname: Pat
Full Name: Patrick
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:01 am

You will probably be fine. My soon to be sister in law visited China in December, and my fiancée booked her ticket for a Chinese domestic flight, spelling her middle name Ann instead of Anne, nobody said a word at check-in or at security.

I did some research, and it seems that the best way forward is to not ask for trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.