Search

China Airlines Business Class Seat Pitch

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
China Airlines Business Class Seat Pitch

Hey everyone-

The China Airlines A350 is listed on Seatguru as having a 60-inch seat pitch, with a 78-inch bed.

But the 777-300ER is listed on Seatguru as having a 78-inch seat pitch, and a 78-inch bed.
  • Are these products different?
  • Is the seat pitch actually different, or is this an error in Seatguru?
  • If the seat pitch is in fact shorter on the A350, does this affect comfort?

And, separately, if anyone wants to chime in, should I take China Airlines to TPE and then onward (after a vacation stopover in Taipei) to Bali, or should I take EVA? They seem very similar, with EVA looking better on catering/service and China Airlines looking better on aircraft and hard product. Yes?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
Hey everyone-

The China Airlines A350 is listed on Seatguru as having a 60-inch seat pitch, with a 78-inch bed.

But the 777-300ER is listed on Seatguru as having a 78-inch seat pitch, and a 78-inch bed.
  • Are these products different?
  • Is the seat pitch actually different, or is this an error in Seatguru?
  • If the seat pitch is in fact shorter on the A350, does this affect comfort?

And, separately, if anyone wants to chime in, should I take China Airlines to TPE and then onward (after a vacation stopover in Taipei) to Bali, or should I take
EVA? They seem very similar, with EVA looking better on catering/service and China Airlines looking better on aircraft and hard product. Yes?
Well they should be basically the same as they are the same product, though i heard there might be slight differences due to the different plane width.

We are flying HKG-TPE-AMS and return in 3 weeks time in business class so we will be giving the a350 a good run with 4 flights out of 4 being on the A350. Simply put the business class is fully flat but i did hear some people think its a little narrow?? Again not sure. Also they can make a bed for you on the seat but only if requested.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The cabin width makes the A350 seat just slightly narrower. The A350 on CI is very comfortable(might be overall, the A350 is more comfy). I personally find the width to be ok on the A350 but the size difference is noticeable for me between A350 and 777.

You are correct that EVA offers better soft product but they do not have as good a seat and they don't have the lounge between the two cabins.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck

Pitch is not really a valid measurement for a lie-flat product, especially when it's angled (like CI reverse herringbone).

Bed length and seat width are the measures that matter here.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Do also take into account that the pitch shouldn't usually include the foot cubbyhole. CI's Business Class, being reverse herringbone seats have cubbyholes that allows the bed to be longer, whilst maintaining a good use of space on the aircraft.

The difference shown in Seat Guru is most likely an error, and Seat Guru doesn't seem to be frequently updated these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.