Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirAsia nested itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:30 am
Original Poster

AirAsia nested itineraries

When booked on separate itineraries on a fly-thru enabled route, does QZ / FD still absolve itself from any responsibility for missed connections?

My family and I decided to take a trip from CGK to REP and DMK. We used AirAsiaGo to book flights and hotel rooms, but could not do so on a single itinerary because AirAsiaGo does not have a "multiple stops" option. However, it does allow one to only require hotel room for a portion of the trip. So we now have CGK - DMK Sunday afternoon - Friday night (Bangkok hotel room Wednesday - Friday) on one itinerary. On the second itinerary, we have DMK - REP from Sunday night - Wednesday afternoon with hotel for the duration. The only potential for misconnect would be the CGK - DMK flight.

Our de-facto layover time in DMK is 3 hours & 40 minutes, and we will only have carryon bags. Hopefully the chance of missed connection is very small; I don't even know how I would buy travel insurance since these are two separate itineraries.

Additional question: Since we can do web checkin for the DMK - REP flight, does that mean that we will not need to pass through Thai immigration between CGK - DMK and DMK - REP flights?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I would just book the trip and accept the minimal risk.

If something bad does happen, I seriously doubt they will accept any responsibility. But they will probably make some arrangement to put you on a later flight and your loss will be no big deal.

I assume both your flights would be from T1 at Don Muang so you do not have to clear immigration assuming your bags (if any) are thru checked.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I would just book the trip and accept the minimal risk.

If something bad does happen, I seriously doubt they will accept any responsibility. But they will probably some arrangement to put you on a later flight and your loss will be no big deal.
The 'arrangement' is likely the pax will need to buy a new ticket for the later flight, and this could become quite expensive compared to tickets purchased well in advance. Just saying.... caveat emptor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.