Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do I Select Seats On Hong Kong Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
How Do I Select Seats On Hong Kong Airlines?

Taking my first flight on HX from HKG-BKK, and wanted to select my business class seat. I'm assuming it's the 2 x 2 x 2 A330 plane.

HX's site is not particularly user-friendly. I tried looking under the booking management area, entered my PNR, range of dates, etc., and it's not recognized.

Can I call or email customer service? They've already declined to add my Fortune Wings FF# before the flight, so I'm not expecting much help.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did you ask them about seat assignments when you called them the first time?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:30 am

when I flew with them, I have to wait until 2 days before departure in order to select seats via online check-in.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Their email service is horrible; 1-2 weeks to respond.

Originally Posted by John ChaoRai
when I flew with them, I have to wait until 2 days before departure in order to select seats via online check-in.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:16 pm

Their customer service is quite bad. They should adopt Air Asia's 'Twitter' customer service...which I find to be great.

Good luck.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dimsum Mum
Their customer service is quite bad. They should adopt Air Asia's 'Twitter' customer service...which I find to be great.

Good luck.
Almost nobody here uses Twitter, but the real problem is that they don't really care.

Last edited by moondog; Aug 17, 2016 at 9:06 am
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: asia miles
generally you can during the booking process. Afetr that I don't think you can do it online before online checkin.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:38 am
Original Poster

I did book through Expedia as I have a connecting flight with PG upon arriving in BKK, and it was cheaper than booking separate flights through each airline's respective site.

No biggie in the end, as it's a red-eye flight with limited service anyway. Thanks for all the insight, everyone.

Originally Posted by blandy62
generally you can during the booking process. Afetr that I don't think you can do it online before online checkin.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Select Seats

I had the same question and wrote an email to the call Center. They answer within 12 hours.

You have to select the seat during booking process. Later it is not possible online.

And:

If you want to check your booking in your account , your reservation should meet the following conditions:

1)You book the ticket on our official website.

2)Before booking the ticket , you have logged in your account .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.