Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Response from China Eastern

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

No Response from China Eastern

Our son and family flew from SGN to YYZ on a flight that ultimately took 42 hours. No food vouchers, no compensation, etc., etc.

He has e-mailed them numerous times and received the canned response of a 2 business day reply. I called the Vancouver office, but, after waiting 15 minutes, was told to leave a message. No response.

Any advice on how to get someone to respond?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Call the Vancouver office, and ask for the director of Sales... at least you'll get someone who speaks English.

I wouldn't hope in getting a quick response via email.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
A trick I've used in the past decades is calling the cargo division for direct #'s of higher ups and vice versa when I can't get an hold of the cargo division.

And FYI MU cargo operations in the US all route to their Vancouver branch so you should be able to get an hold of someone easily.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:44 am

You need someone like Lucky at OMAAT to blog about it...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...eastern-email/
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses. I have called the Vancouver office several times, but can never get through to someone to talk to. They just put you on hold, and then 15 minutes later, ask you to leave a message, which I did. I supplied my phone number, but no one ever returned my call.

I have posted my question on OMAAT and am hoping to get some responses there as well.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:06 am

Did you try my trick by calling the cargo team and asking for an inside person at MU?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My advice is to give up on it. Not worth the aggravation of dealing with them. You most likely won't get anything from them.

This is the same airline that when my girlfriend and I showed up for a PVG-DPS flight we booked in business told us as check in. There are no more business class seats, you're OK with economy?

Just don't fly them again.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Tennisnoob, any number I call just puts me on hold and never picks up. I even tried the YYZ China Eastern number but it is a fax machine!
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:52 pm

Sorry I just ran through my BOL's from China Cargo (MU Cargo) and it didn't have the vancouver office #. It's an back office number and someone picks up instantly. Try to find it, it would be helpful.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

@op: I would not waste any more time than you already have on this.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
My advice is to give up on it. Not worth the aggravation of dealing with them. You most likely won't get anything from them.

This is the same airline that when my girlfriend and I showed up for a PVG-DPS flight we booked in business told us as check in. There are no more business class seats, you're OK with economy?

Just don't fly them again.
I've had a similar downgrade experience with MU on PVG-HKG route. I agree that it's very unlikely that the OP can get anything more out of MU besides 'we are sorry' respond. If even that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.