Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back-to-back at Penang (domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Back-to-back at Penang (domestic)

I'm planning a tier point run using some of the very reasonable MH J fares via Penang. One of the options I'm considering is a 35-min turnaround. Do you get off the aircraft and mix with departing passengers or will I have to reclear security?

If I need to reclear do you think this is a reasonable feat to attempt? Domestic so no arrivals formalities!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: CX Silver
If I recall correctly domestic arrivals pax arrive on the same floor as departing pax. So if there are no delays (which can be quite often on a bad day at MH), 35 mins should be sufficient, possibly even allowing a quick peep into the Golden Lounge.
Hope that helps!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I found a few pics online that seem to suggest this

It's same plane so a delay would just delay my return, so think I'll go for it^
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I flew in and out of Penang in late Jun / early Jul. Arrivals and departures are on the same level. If its the same aircraft, then it should just be a case of waiting at the top of the air-bridge to re-board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.