Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! China Airlines Won't Let Me Pick Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
They migrated to a new booking/reservations system a few months back, and everything's been pretty wonky and bumpy since then.
Yes, I think, it's in May. they changed the booking system to Amadeus.
I booked Premium Economy for September in January, and after changed, I could book/change seats without problems on the website even more than 90 days before.
*BTW, my booking number was also changed due to a system changing.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG LT Plat,
emergency exit row seats

does anyone know how i can get emergency exit row seats on China Airline?

i am flying from Taipei to New Zealand, traveling as part of work outing, so tickets are probably bulk purchase from travel agency.

I would be very happy to pay an up-fare, or an additional charge to access emergency row (like Cathay Pacific). does anyone have experience in this? What fare should i be requesting (or up-fare for)?

i don't have status with China Airline, but is a Skyteam Elite Plus (Delta Plat Medallion).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
You can always ring up and try but my best bet is they seem to only allow Paragons or Emerald China airlines members to book exit seats for no extra cost well before hand.

I think your elite plus membership would in this case would be seen at almost the same level as a gold member with CI. So if you check-in early you probably can request it. But then it may already be filled.

If I am on the A330 i always get the exit seat as it has great space especially 6B, but you do lose a little width.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:26 am

It might've changed now, but the last time I tried to get an exit row seat before checkin, I couldn't because they said they hadn't figured out how to do that in the new booking system yet.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Does anybody have a more recent experience about obtaining an exit row seat (as elite+)? Can a phone agent do anything? Or will it be offered at check in (24hours)/then only to elite+ or to everybody?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Emerald/Paragon can get an exit row seat by calling.

Gold/ST E+ does not. You have to go check in early and ask for one (but usually taken).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.