Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK-SYD in J MH or VN?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
BKK-SYD in J MH or VN?

My wife and I will be in BKK on vacation and want to spend a few days in SYD as well. Right now MH has BKK-SYD in J for $1000 USD or VN for 1250 USD in J. I'm a DL Diamond and while the miles would be nice to get the miles from the VN flight, i'm not sure it is worth the extra $500.00 for the both of us.

Anyone have some advice on which carrier to use? Obviously, better seats, food and drinks would sway me.

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
MH for sure. Unless there are any last minute equipment changes, all KUL-SYD flights are operated with the new flat-bed business cabin with 1-2-1 and 1-2-2 configuration.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nov11
MH for sure. Unless there are any last minute equipment changes, all KUL-SYD flights are operated with the new flat-bed business cabin with 1-2-1 and 1-2-2 configuration.
I was looking forward to trying the new seat on the overnight KUL-SYD flight but the aircraft was subbed out at the last minute without notice so something to keep in mind until all the A330 fleet are refitted later this year.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:07 pm

I would definitely go with MH. Even if you don't get the new J, it is still lightyears better than the J seats on the VN 777. That being said, I did really like the food and service on VN.

Still, MH is the only way to go and they are cheaper.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
MH no doubt.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:40 am

I personally like J on MH.

Flown the A330 on Del-Kul leg and was satisfied. The flight was only 5 hours though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.