Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam Airlines Sale Periods

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, HH
Vietnam Airlines Sale Periods

I need to book a flight from SGN to HAN on August 23rd. Would it be best to sign up as a Vietnam Airlines' frequent flyer if I want to keep an eye out for the best deals, or is there another option? I would probably be most unlikely to fly with them again in the foreseeable future anyway, since I'm only booked to fly into Asia once this year.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I need to book a flight from SGN to HAN on August 23rd. Would it be best to sign up as a Vietnam Airlines' frequent flyer if I want to keep an eye out for the best deals, or is there another option? I would probably be most unlikely to fly with them again in the foreseeable future anyway, since I'm only booked to fly into Asia once this year.
Just check ~90 days in advance. They hardly ever send out useful emails to FF members.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:25 am

VietJet is an alternative.

Regarding mile credit - credit to any skyteam partner that you fly most
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by ExSin
VietJet is an alternative.
Not much of one. And OP was specifically asking about VN.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Just check ~90 days in advance. They hardly ever send out useful emails to FF members.
Thanks, will do so.

I've heard stories about many low cost carriers, but most notably VietJet so happy to give them a miss this time, unless it was only me flying.

That said, was going to try JQ, but they don't seem to have released any airfares yet, which seems weird but might leave it until around the 90-day mark too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.