Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air China to operate SJC-PVG 5 times per week (A330) starting in March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I can understand a few but quite a few also fly UA out of SFO and prefer the US carriers. A 6 digit salary in IT is quite the norm in the Bay Area and sometimes not enough. Often, UA is cheaper.

With regards to the route starting, I am still skeptical. Why chose SJC as their first and only service from PVG when the could chose ORD, for example, a *A City which they currently do not serve. Before someone states the economy is "booming", I understand this also.
UA might be cheaper, but most of the Chinese folks and their parents prefer CA or other Chinese carriers than US carriers since most FA on the US carriers do not speak Chinese.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MU flies the new 777-300 on the PVG-Bay Area route offering by far the best premium seats of the 3 carriers flying non stop. CA would be second best with their 330 six across lie flats. As usual, sniffing a dog's behind, UA comes in last with the 8 across C class and ancient 744s.

Why the people at Apple would refuse to fly CA over UA is beyond me.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know a lot of high tech companies no longer allows employees to fly Business - even TPAC. Not sure if it is true for Apple. If that is the case, then UA E+ is better than regular economy on most carriers, right?

Also, flying UA gives you UA lifetime miles and PQD. Some might also choose UA because of safety statistics and just more comfortable flying a carrier from the home country.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
I know a lot of high tech companies no longer allows employees to fly Business - even TPAC. Not sure if it is true for Apple. If that is the case, then UA E+ is better than regular economy on most carriers, right?

Also, flying UA gives you UA lifetime miles and PQD. Some might also choose UA because of safety statistics and just more comfortable flying a carrier from the home country.
UA has had more incidents than CA or MU over the last 15 years. UA's E+ is 34" of pitch. I believe CA offer that on every seat in economy with a wider seat to boot on the 330. They also have video screens at every seat. Patriotism/familiarity is the only reason that it would make sense to fly UA, in everything else they are behind the Chinese carriers these days. I say this as someone who only 2-3 years ago would recommend the exact opposite. The Chinese big three have stepped up their games big time.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Now bookable (starting June), 3 times per week.

http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/03/ca-pvgsjc-jun16/
Old Mar 9, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Now bookable (starting June), 3 times per week.

http://airlineroute.net/2016/03/03/ca-pvgsjc-jun16/
Did US side approve?
where can i actually book the ticket?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by superpanjy
Did US side approve?
where can i actually book the ticket?
You can book it on the Air China website. It is also showing on the usual sites like Orbitz, Travelocity etc.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:20 pm

I did not see it on air China website, neither on other travel website.
Can someone please send a sample date? Or link?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.