Wiki Posts
Search

[MOVED] Air Macau Phoenix Miles Question

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 5:11 am
Original Poster

[MOVED] Air Macau Phoenix Miles Question

Hello,

I am flying with Air Macau MFM-TPE next week and was just seeing that they are actually part of (or have a partnership with) Air China and their Phoenix Miles program. I am not a member of Air China Phoenix Miles, but of M&M within Star Alliance. Does anyone know if miles can still be credited?
Old May 14, 2015, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by esseff
Hello,

I am flying with Air Macau MFM-TPE next week and was just seeing that they are actually part of (or have a partnership with) Air China and their Phoenix Miles program. I am not a member of Air China Phoenix Miles, but of M&M within Star Alliance. Does anyone know if miles can still be credited?
No. Air Macau is not eligible to earn miles on M&M.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2015, 12:43 am
Original Poster

So I actually was able to get into the lounge in Macau. I went straight there and showed my StarGold pass, they told me I couldn't access but then said I should go to the transfer desk and they would give me a voucher. So I did that. First they told me "No Sorry", but being nice and chatting a bit they "made an exception".

Worth a try if you are in MFM ;-)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by esseff
Hello,

looking at flights with Air Macau, how was it?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc234
looking at flights with Air Macau, how was it?
Air Macau is not a member of star but partly owned by Air China, thus they use Phoenix miles as the program.

It is basically mainly a Chinese airlines. I recall I was on an Air China flight but operated by Air Macau for that day (it is normally a CA flight with CA plane, not a code-share). I would say the seats were extra stiff, and the planes seemed old. Other than that, the crew were friendly. Food is inedible like other mainland carriers.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

Points, seats and food

I flew business class on Air Macau from Seoul to Macau. The staff were very polite and attentive, but the plane was fairly old. There was no power plug, nor any individual video, but rather an old-school shared movie on a single tiny screen shared by the whole cabin. They had limited food selections and nothing without meat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.