Wiki Posts
Search

Using CA Lounge at PEK on Overnight Layover

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Using CA Lounge at PEK on Overnight Layover

Is it possible to enter the transit area on an international-international connection, use the CA lounge, then exit and enter China (with proper documents) to stay at a hotel for the night, and go back to fly out the next day?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:21 pm

(Deleted)

Last edited by tumxuk; Jul 3, 2015 at 10:45 pm Reason: Wrong info
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Is it possible to enter the transit area on an international-international connection, use the CA lounge, then exit and enter China (with proper documents) to stay at a hotel for the night, and go back to fly out the next day?
I don't think so, but if you could explain a bit more about the specific circumstances, my answer might change.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
I don't think so, but if you could explain a bit more about the specific circumstances, my answer might change.
CA-AC connection from Taiwan to Canada, one flight arrives at 5pm, next departs at 4 pm the following day.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I really doubt it but it never hurts to try.

Only 1 transit counter and they are usually grumpy as the lines are long. They request everytime for your boarding pass. Chances are more slim if you don't speak mandarin.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
use the CA lounge, then exit and enter China (with proper documents)
There is a problem. The international CA lounge is located in the international departure area. There is no normal way to enter China from there. From the international departure area you can only depart on a flight. Only in cases like IRROPS (cancelled flight) the airline staff may find a way to get the passenger out of the departure area. The same is basically true for Hong Kong.
PEK does not have the transit zone setup, which Singapore or Frankfurt have.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by warakorn
There is a problem. The international CA lounge is located in the international departure area. There is no normal way to enter China from there. From the international departure area you can only depart on a flight. Only in cases like IRROPS (cancelled flight) the airline staff may find a way to get the passenger out of the departure area. The same is basically true for Hong Kong.
PEK does not have the transit zone setup, which Singapore or Frankfurt have.
Exactly. I fail to see how to pull such off without 1) a boarding pass; and 2) inviting a barrage of unpleasant questions when attempting to exit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.