Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hand luggage oversize on Vietnam Airlines and China Airlines flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

My hand luggage size is 55x40x20 cm.

I will have flights with Vietnam Airlines, and China Airlines soon. I just realized my hand luggage exceeds their limits.

Has anyone flown with my hand luggage size before? Are they very strict about this issue?

Thanks for your help.

VNA: http://www.vietnamairlines.com/wps/p...o/hand_baggage
CA: http://www.china-airlines.com/en/check/check_ba2-1.htm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:23 am

I read it that your hand luggage dimensions for both airlines are spot on the maximum allowable size (total dimensions of 115cm)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It doesn't look much different from their required size so as long as it's not overweight by too much (and you will be able to lift it up yourself) and fits in the cabin then you should be fine.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Maximum linear allowable doesn't always work, but I don't think you'll any issues with that size.

Also CA is Air China. CI is China Airlines.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Where are you departing from? International or domestic?

VN went through a period of being quite strict, but they were relaxed at Saigon (international departures) a few days ago. (Just observing, I was on EVA.) I flew VN Hanoi to Saigon a couple of weeks back. They didn't seem to care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.