Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing GA's newest B77W

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:28 am
UMD
Original Poster

Introducing GA's newest B77W

Garuda will receive its first B77W in June 2013 and it will be used for JED (July), NRT (Aug), HND (Aug) and then eventually SYD and LGW in October and November.

Here is the look of GA's newest B77W cabin with 8 F Suites, 38 C (staggered all aisle access), and 268 3-3-3 Y seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3sv...ature=youtu.be
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Garuda loaded their London Gatwick schedules today from 2nd Nov:

LGW CGK 1000 #0615 GA 87
CGK LGW 0055 0830 GA 86

Initially M,T,T,S,S – but will go 6 x weekly
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
I am thinking of booking GA for NRT-CGK (late Aug) and DPS-HND (early Sep). When will do you think GA will confirm if these routes will be flown by the B77W?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:52 am
UMD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soe-tan-toe
I am thinking of booking GA for NRT-CGK (late Aug) and DPS-HND (early Sep). When will do you think GA will confirm if these routes will be flown by the B77W?
These 2 routes have been loaded but only from a period of Aug 15 onwards to Sept 15th. Go to Garuda's website and try to do a dummy booking will show that around those dates, these 2 routes are already assigned to be on 77W. Only F fare is not yet bookable.

FYI, if you are lucky you could probably find 2 - 4 promo C fares. The other day, I saw CGK - NRT on its new 77W priced at USD 485 one way but these fares are going out soon. The same for its SYD flight starting Oct. 27th.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Garuda loaded their London Gatwick schedules today from 2nd Nov:

LGW CGK 1000 #0615 GA 87
CGK LGW 0055 0830 GA 86

Initially M,T,T,S,S – but will go 6 x weekly
more of a concern is the utilisation of the aircraft which will also be doing CGK-SYD. They have a tight turnaround of just 1.5 hours at each stop (1.5 hours LGW, then 1.5 hours CGK before departing for SYD, then 1.5 hours in SYD before departing back to CGK and another 1.5 hours before going back to LGW and so on).

Gonna be tight if there are any delays.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Hopefully Garuda gets into the Star Alliance.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Hopefully Garuda gets into the Star Alliance.
The long-standing plan is for Skyteam.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: mix and match
Star Alliance already has Thai and SQ. I don't think there is room for another SEA carrier (except SilkAir).

Unfortunately, GA will only formally join Skyteam when GA's has completed its IT overhaul (est. in 2014 Q1).
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:49 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
8 F seats? And how they are going to fill these seats in?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by TPJ
8 F seats? And how they are going to fill these seats in?
depending how they price the fare there could be a market for it ex Sydney... their current biz class return is around the $3500 mark... if they had an introductory offer around $5500 it might get some takers. there is also a lot of wealth in Indonesia... sq still sells true first class to cgk... so I'm guessing ga wants in in that market.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: mix and match
@TPJ: I think you don't realize how many Asian billionaires are Indonesians. Not to mention SQ's very healthy F loads to/from CGK.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:06 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
more of a concern is the utilisation of the aircraft which will also be doing CGK-SYD. They have a tight turnaround of just 1.5 hours at each stop (1.5 hours LGW, then 1.5 hours CGK before departing for SYD, then 1.5 hours in SYD before departing back to CGK and another 1.5 hours before going back to LGW and so on).

Gonna be tight if there are any delays.
Hmm, not completely. Otherwise I would be worried. I'm not sure that GA would risk that, even on brand new 777's they should have enough (6?) to cover any issues. I'd be surprised if it's the same 777 doing LGW-CGK - the onto SYD tbh.

There is also no Thu CGK-SYD-CGK service, or Wed & Fri CGK-LGW-CGK flights so a bit of slack in the schedule.

The thing GA need would be to re-establish it's old reputation as tardy / often late / cancelled etc.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:26 am
UMD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Hmm, not completely. Otherwise I would be worried. I'm not sure that GA would risk that, even on brand new 777's they should have enough (6?) to cover any issues. I'd be surprised if it's the same 777 doing LGW-CGK - the onto SYD tbh.

There is also no Thu CGK-SYD-CGK service, or Wed & Fri CGK-LGW-CGK flights so a bit of slack in the schedule.

The thing GA need would be to re-establish it's old reputation as tardy / often late / cancelled etc.
Just for your information, GA will already have 4 new 77W by the time the LGW flight starts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.