Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Air Tahiti Nui / TN /THT flies 5 Airbus A340-313s from their hub at PPT / Faa'a International Airport, Papeete, Tahiti, to AKL (connections to Australia via QF operated prime or TN codeshare flights), CDG via LAX, LAX, NRT. TN does not belong to any alliance at this time, though they do offer some codeshares and accept awards booked by a number of airlines (including AA, AF, AS, NZ, QF).

Four of the five A340s have undergone a CIP (Cabin Improvement Program) as of December 2015. Based on the Company's 2015 Annual Report, the last remaining plane in the old configuration, Bora Bora, will not be refurbished. TN have eliminated Poerava First and only offer Poerava Business and Moana Economy classes. (See below.) The Poerava Business seats are shell angled lie flat seats, not fully horizontal; Moana Economy seats have tight seat pitch, and it is very difficult to secure exit row seating.

As seat charts are the same, it's difficult to know which configuration you will be on. Calling within 24 hours of scheduled departure seems to be the only reliable way of determining which aircraft configuration will be yours. See the expandable seat map on this page.

Seat and annual climate charts can be seen in post no. 212 here.

NOTE: TN begins flying it’s first GEnx powered 787-9 “Tahitian Dreamliner”, with Business, Premium Economy and Economy in early November, 2018. TN expects that they will retire the entire A340 fleet by September, 2019. For the TN 789 information, seat chart, etc. see this thread: Air Tahiti Nui / TN to launch 787-9 Dreamliner 7 November 2018

TN offer paid counter upgrades (availability based, first come first served, so arrive early at check-in, and they may not upgrade paid codeshares flights). According to one recent post elsewhere:

The amount of the charge ( $825 up to $1025) is based on the type of ticket purchased. If a low promotional fare – they pay $1025, if a higher fare paid, they pay $825.Link to TN seat chart and Link to SeatGuru seat chart.
Current and CIP / Cabin Improvement Program configuration: C32 - Y262
Previous configuration: F6 C24 Y264
Code:
Post 282 by Woodsmit says (additional data supplied):
 Current A340-313 retrofit based on Air Tahiti Website (Accessed 6 Aug 2014 - still accurate May 2015)

RegNo   Name       Delivered     C/N    Configuration
 F-OJTN  Bora Bora  18 Jan 2002   395
 F-OJGF  Mangareva  28 Dec 2001   385    New aircraft configuration
 F-OSEA  Rangiroa   27 Dec 2002   438    New aircraft configuration
 F-OSUN  Moorea     27 Dec 2002   446    New aircraft configuration
 F-OLOV  Nuku Hiva  13 Jun 2005   668    New aircraft configuration
www.airtahitinui.com and www.airtahitinui-usa.com

A340-313 Seat map and annual climate chart may be seen here
Print Wikipost

Air Tahiti Nui TN - refurbished cabins! (2013 CIP)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I just landed at LAX. (TN7 CDG-LAX).
The aircraft was F-OSEA Rangiroa, I think.
The seat wasn't lie-flat but it was ok.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
B]NOTE[/B]: TN begins flying it’s first GEnx powered 787-9 “Tahitian Dreamliner”, with Business, Premium Economy and Economy in early November, 2018. TN expects that they will retire the entire A340 fleet by September, 2019. For the TN 789 information, seat chart, etc. see this thread: Air Tahiti Nui / TN to launch 787-9 Dreamliner 7 November 2018

Below are the A340-313 seat map and the annual climate information for Faa’a International Airport, PPT.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I've been a long time reader of Flyer Talk but until now I haven't felt that I had anything overly useful to contribute so I had not signed up. I've finally found something that I would like to share and thus I took the plunge and finally registered.

For a couple of months now I have been following the TN seat maps on Expert Flyer and the flight history on Flight Trader for the Bora Bora plane (F-OJTN). I had noticed that the flight numbers for my upcoming TN flights were regularly using the Bora Bora plane and became a bit obsessed with tracking the usage. I have now noticed that Expert Flyer is accurately showing the old 340 configuration for the Bora Bora plane on the flights that are actually using that plane. I have only looked at seat maps through the end of September but you can pull up these old seat maps at least through that time period (and I expect further). The flights showing the old configuration seat maps have been matching up exactly with the flights flown on Bora Bora. Of course, the airline could make changes from what is published but for now it seems like this may be a reasonably reliable way to predict if you will be on the old configuration.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Brooke.E
I've been a long time reader of Flyer Talk but until now I haven't felt that I had anything overly useful to contribute so I had not signed up. I've finally found something that I would like to share and thus I took the plunge and finally registered.

For a couple of months now I have been following the TN seat maps on Expert Flyer and the flight history on Flight Trader for the Bora Bora plane (F-OJTN). I had noticed that the flight numbers for my upcoming TN flights were regularly using the Bora Bora plane and became a bit obsessed with tracking the usage. I have now noticed that Expert Flyer is accurately showing the old 340 configuration for the Bora Bora plane on the flights that are actually using that plane. I have only looked at seat maps through the end of September but you can pull up these old seat maps at least through that time period (and I expect further). The flights showing the old configuration seat maps have been matching up exactly with the flights flown on Bora Bora. Of course, the airline could make changes from what is published but for now it seems like this may be a reasonably reliable way to predict if you will be on the old configuration.
I would be grateful if you could share the info you have gleaned. I'm flying ATN Wed 9/5 TN1 and returning Sun 9/23 on TN8.

Last edited by RandalB; Aug 23, 2018 at 10:34 pm Reason: Date Change
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by RandalB
I would be grateful if you could share the info you have gleaned. I'm flying ATN Wed 9/5 TN1 and returning Sun 9/23 on TN8.
Both of those flights show an updated seat map (not the old Bora Bora/F-OJTN configuration). There is about a two week gap, starting in a couple days, in which I wasn't able to find the old seat map for any flights. Perhaps that plane has possibly been chartered for that time period or maybe they just don't have the correct maps loaded for that time frame. I am really hoping it was chartered as I fly a day after you and really would prefer not to experience that plane. I do not recall seeing F-OJTN fly the TN7/8 route at any point in the past couple of months so I wouldn't be worried about your return flight.

If you are the same Randal that is on the CC forum, we are on the same cruise..
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:09 pm

Brooke, thank you very much. I was feeling fairly comfortable with TN8 after reading a number of different posts, however I wasn't sure about TN1, as it doesn't seem to fly every day if I'm not mistaken. Yes, I've been posting a bit on CC, our cruise is on the PG leaving on Sept 8th for 11 days. I owe you a drink once we're onboard :-)

Randal is my given name, I go by Randy
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Brooke.E
Both of those flights show an updated seat map (not the old Bora Bora/F-OJTN configuration). There is about a two week gap, starting in a couple days, in which I wasn't able to find the old seat map for any flights. Perhaps that plane has possibly been chartered for that time period or maybe they just don't have the correct maps loaded for that time frame. I am really hoping it was chartered as I fly a day after you and really would prefer not to experience that plane. I do not recall seeing F-OJTN fly the TN7/8 route at any point in the past couple of months so I wouldn't be worried about your return flight.

If you are the same Randal that is on the CC forum, we are on the same cruise..
Brooke, any update or change for aircraft for TN1 tomorrow 9/5/2018?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by RandalB
Brooke, any update or change for aircraft for TN1 tomorrow 9/5/2018?
Hi Randy,

You should be good...it looks like you are on OLOV/Nuku HIva.

The 'bad' Bora Bora plane's last flight for Air Tahiti Nui was a week ago to Paris and then nothing...

I'd post the links for you to see but apparently you can't post useful links on here until you've had 5 posts.

Safe Travels!

Brooke
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:41 pm

Folks,

quick question: How many seats are in First Class on the Bora Bora (F-OJTN) "old" plane? Sometimes, I read 6 (2 / 2 / 2) and sometimes I read 4 (2 / 2) configuration. I found a few pictures online that indicate 6 seats (1AB, 1CD, 1EF). They are all separated by a wall to business and 2 curtains. Who can confirm?

Thank you!
Bart
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Barton81
Folks,

quick question: How many seats are in First Class on the Bora Bora (F-OJTN) "old" plane? Sometimes, I read 6 (2 / 2 / 2) and sometimes I read 4 (2 / 2) configuration. I found a few pictures online that indicate 6 seats (1AB, 1CD, 1EF). They are all separated by a wall to business and 2 curtains. Who can confirm?

Thank you!
Bart
Actually, I believe it is only 2, 1CD, then a wall and 30 Business Class seats. Seats are staggered, and pretty sure there are only the 2 seats in First, and Row 2 is Bulkhead in Business. (I did a lot of reading, although I've never actually been aboard the F-OJTN) The newer configuration has 32 Business Class. I just flew ATN Business round trip LAX-PPT in September and fortunately had the new configuration each way TN1 LAX_PPT and TN8 PPT_LAX. Unfortunately, a little early for the new Dreamliners, which I understand will have fully lie flat Business. But, while a bit dated by today's standards, I was very comfortable in the reconfigured Airbus, great service and great food.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:21 pm

And by the way, the Bora Bora is still in operation as of the end of September, some people we met on our cruise ended up flying it home late Sept. Not sure what their flight number was.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:55 pm

By the way the new ATN 787-9 Dreamliner is just about ready to land in PPT. Flight #TN/THT941
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:19 pm

It looks like F-OJTN hasn't flown since November 22. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FOJTN

With the Dreamliners coming on line, I wonder if this means Bora Bora is out to pasture?

We're booked in business class on TH102 in the spring of 2019 from PPT>LAX on an A340-300 (sadly, the Dreamliner wasn't available for our dates). Expertflyer is showing 32 business class seats. Does this match the configuration everyone was seeing for the refurbished flights, as opposed to the old recliner seats on the Bora Bora plane? Obviously May 2019 is a ways out, so anything could happen...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by chrisvt
It looks like F-OJTN hasn't flown since November 22. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FOJTN

With the Dreamliners coming on line, I wonder if this means Bora Bora is out to pasture?

We're booked in business class on TH102 in the spring of 2019 from PPT>LAX on an A340-300 (sadly, the Dreamliner wasn't available for our dates). Expertflyer is showing 32 business class seats. Does this match the configuration everyone was seeing for the refurbished flights, as opposed to the old recliner seats on the Bora Bora plane? Obviously May 2019 is a ways out, so anything could happen...
The newer A340's has 32 Business Class, the old configuration F-OJTN has two 1st, and 30 Business. Only a guess, but it would make sense that with the 1st of the Dreamliners online, the 1st plane they would take out of service would be F-OJTN.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 pm

Thanks for confirming, Randal. I can't find any seat maps on upcoming A340-300 flights that show 30 business class seats, so fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.