Search

MU is insane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
MU is insane

China Eastern must hire only those who are brain dead cause these "people" are just that stupid............. requested seating INSIDE the plane as the computer generated seats do NOT exist only to be told that they cannot change the exteior aircraft seating assigned by the computer to an interior aircraft seat................maybe that's what they call riding on the wings......
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
^^ Absolutely priceless. Love Chinese airlines and their explanations (excuses) why they can't do things. I do tend to find CA to be a little more put together though... thankfully I'm usually a *A flyer.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
China Eastern must hire only those who are brain dead cause these "people" are just that stupid............. requested seating INSIDE the plane as the computer generated seats do NOT exist only to be told that they cannot change the exteior aircraft seating assigned by the computer to an interior aircraft seat................maybe that's what they call riding on the wings......
Would you mind providing the Chinese? It seems like something might have been lost in translation.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
Would you mind providing the Chinese? It seems like something might have been lost in translation.
I think he means he got an assigned seat in the aircraft but the seat number is wrong and such seats actually does not exist.

The reason I think is the fact that MU is trying to standardise the seating numbers throughout the fleet but unfortunately the computer system did not match the aircraft OP is flying...

It is a skyteam member so it is expected to be crap. No offense.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
..... requested seating INSIDE the plane as the computer generated seats do NOT exist only to be told that they cannot change the exteior aircraft seating assigned by the computer to an interior aircraft seat................
It sounds like you will be sitting on the wing.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
I think he means he got an assigned seat in the aircraft but the seat number is wrong and such seats actually does not exist.
MU's new standardized seating scheme is kind of nuts. Two weeks ago, I was assigned something like 32L on an A320, which I expected to be in the way back. Much to my surprise, it was the first row of economy, and the 4th row overall. Based on this lesson, I'd be wary of accepting seats with numbers between 3 and 32 and/or letters other than ABC or JKL.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by moondog
MU's new standardized seating scheme is kind of nuts. Two weeks ago, I was assigned something like 32L on an A320, which I expected to be in the way back. Much to my surprise, it was the first row of economy, and the 4th row overall. Based on this lesson, I'd be wary of accepting seats with numbers between 3 and 32 and/or letters other than ABC or JKL.
I suspect 1-5 is for F, 6-xx (surely can't be 31??) is for J and then from what you say 32+ must be Y. I don't get the point either. And indeed, it seems that A and L will always be windown C, D, H?, J must be aisles, B? E? F? K? are presumably middle seats?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
And indeed, it seems that A and L will always be windown C, D, H?, J must be aisles, B? E? F? K? are presumably middle seats?
I think it's reasonable to assume that A, C, J, and L are safe bets in terms of letters (depending on whether you want window or aisle).
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I suspect 1-5 is for F, 6-xx (surely can't be 31??) is for J and then from what you say 32+ must be Y. I don't get the point either. And indeed, it seems that A and L will always be windown C, D, H?, J must be aisles, B? E? F? K? are presumably middle seats?
On at least one a/c, the 734, TG has Y starting with 31.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Maybe your booking class was Exterior Class.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
with VN, I wouldn't put it past them, but now the question is how do I control the air????????

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Maybe your booking class was Exterior Class.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
On at least one a/c, the 734, TG has Y starting with 31.
On TG, the first row in Y is always 31 irrespective of aircraft.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
On TG, the first row in Y is always 31 irrespective of aircraft.

i thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure, especially with the arrival of the A380.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.