Search

China Southern....any info???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
China Southern....any info???

Greetings;

WE will be flying China Southern on Oct 6 havenever flow CS and have been wondering what we could expect...we well be in bus
class.

Along with our LAX-Gangzhou flight we also wil fly to Auckland

Any word about clubs along the way, any sggestions would gretly be appreciated....we are in our80's so any home work I can do helps.

Thanks........Fair Winds and follwing winds..........................Tom
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I have only flown them domestically, but they seem to have typical skyteamish lounges with rather generous access policies for business/first customers even on domestic only tickets without status, which is rather common for China. Even the small airports had/have VIP lounges for China Southern and Air China, so I don't think you will have an issue in that regard, as the airports I went to were significantly smaller than those you will visit

Now finding the lounges on the other hand, can be a bit of a pain. If you put on a piece of paper in writing 'VIP Lounge' you may be able to get directions better than 'china southern lounge' or 'skyteam lounge' which they don't seem to know so much
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Steph3n
I have only flown them domestically, but they seem to have typical skyteamish lounges with rather generous access policies for business/first customers even on domestic only tickets without status, which is rather common for China. Even the small airports had/have VIP lounges for China Southern and Air China, so I don't think you will have an issue in that regard, as the airports I went to were significantly smaller than those you will visit

Now finding the lounges on the other hand, can be a bit of a pain. If you put on a piece of paper in writing 'VIP Lounge' you may be able to get directions better than 'china southern lounge' or 'skyteam lounge' which they don't seem to know so much
In first tier cities, the lounges are too enormous to miss IME. And, in second/third tier cities, the airports are small enough to figure things out on your own. Furthermore, the check-in person often prints out a lounge invitation that has a terminal map on the back, and circles the lounges you are eligible to visit. For me, lounges in China only come in handy during IRROPS, and since the current trend is to seal us up in airplanes when such situations arise (i.e. doors closed = on time departure), there really isn't much use for them.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by moondog
In first tier cities, the lounges are too enormous to miss IME. And, in second/third tier cities, the airports are small enough to figure things out on your own. Furthermore, the check-in person often prints out a lounge invitation that has a terminal map on the back, and circles the lounges you are eligible to visit. For me, lounges in China only come in handy during IRROPS, and since the current trend is to seal us up in airplanes when such situations arise (i.e. doors closed = on time departure), there really isn't much use for them.
Maybe, but in one city at least there was very little signage, and the 'lounge' entrance for China Southern was a split area off the dining/food court with some partitions further back. It was hard to see that as a lounge to me, personally. The Air China lounge was not far from it, but was a small door and an actual room, full of TVs, and a wall full of food/snacks. The opposite wall was full of outlets, perfect for charging devices, I'd say it was the only real benefit other than the free drinks and snacks.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:56 am
Used to be 'sido21'

Programs: SkyTeam Elite Plus & Stargold
i was in guangzhou 3 weeks ago
Just follow the signs (in english) for the CZ VIP lounge.

It the largest lounge in china and cannot be missed !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.