Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting MH to KL in KUL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Connecting MH to KL in KUL

I've purchased two separate tickets for BKK-KUL and KUL-CGK. The time between the first flight (Malaysia Airlines) arriving and the second one (KLM) departing is 2h.

Will MH be able/willing to check my luggage all the way to Jakarta, considering the cooperation between these two companies? If I do an online check-in for the KL flight, will I be able to skip immigration in KUL and simply follow the "Connecting passengers" signs?

If I won't be able to do any of those, do you think I'm screwed with such a short connection time?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Not sure if they check your luggage through.

But connecting without any checked luggage and online check-in should be no problem. In KLIA arriving and departing passengers are not separated, which means you can move to the departure gate or lounge right away.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Even if they do not check your baggage through I would not be too stressed about a 2 hour connection in KUL. I did a similar timed connection recently with rechecking in my bags and still had time for a coffe in the lounge before boarding.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm glad to hear that I was in KL just a half year ago, but can't remember how long the immigration took.

Thanks for your replies! Good to know that there is no need for stress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.