Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward for Doctor assisting on flight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:18 pm

I am accustomed to being offered a bottle of their best by the cabin crew - on Royal Brunei what is the best bottled water that they stock?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kenyalang69
None whatsoever, and given the risk of not being covered by insurance to treat passengers onboard! Of course most doctor will treat in good faith, and worry about it later...

Having said that, I was given 10k free Enrich miles by MH for treating a patient onboard previously. Although those miles were pretty useless, as they say, it is the thought that counts...
I've helped MH out twice now and they've never officially thanked me or "rewarded" me, although staff on board were extremely grateful. I don't expect compensation but it would be nice for management or someone to officially thank/acknowledge me for my medical assistance. I've helped JQ out once and they upgraded me (and my travelling companion) to Star Class for that flight and gave me a $100 voucher to use for future flights. No upgrade from MH because I was already in Business. Mind you, it was a little bit annoying to have to trek back to Economy to provide assistance...
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by QFCHC
btw, she wasn't impressed with the medical kit on board. Said it badly needed updating!
I have to say I was very impressed with the medical kit on MH. I'd never known what was in those until I had the opportunity to look in it for the first time a few years ago (and again recently). I was almost distracted from the patient by their medical kit!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:24 pm

Well one option might be for doctors to request upgrade on flight at check in..... in exchange for services if needed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.