Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia booking issue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Air Asia booking issue

I tried to book a Air Asia flight from Yangon to Bangkok and I used credit card #1 to book it and it was declined (Bank of America routinely declines foreign transactions for some reason) so I tried credit card #2 and instead of declined I now have a "PENDING" status and a "Pending confirmation" status. The FAQ states to just wait until it clears. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Is it possible to take care of it at an Air Asia counter at the BKK airport (I'm in BKK currently and departing for RGN tomorrow). The problem is that once I am in Myanmar my options are limited as my American credit cards are not supposed to be used from a Myanmar IP address due to sanctions (or something like that!)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by k374
I tried to book a Air Asia flight from Yangon to Bangkok and I used credit card #1 to book it and it was declined (Bank of America routinely declines foreign transactions for some reason) so I tried credit card #2 and instead of declined I now have a "PENDING" status and a "Pending confirmation" status. The FAQ states to just wait until it clears. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Is it possible to take care of it at an Air Asia counter at the BKK airport (I'm in BKK currently and departing for RGN tomorrow). The problem is that once I am in Myanmar my options are limited as my American credit cards are not supposed to be used from a Myanmar IP address due to sanctions (or something like that!)
Yes it does take some time for the approval to go through for Asian on line transactions with US/CDN/UK credit cards
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread as it is moved to the "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs" forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA, 1.5MM, GE
I'd call your credit card company to let them know you made the transaction.

I've learned to call my CC company before booking with Air Asia now so they are aware of the charge and will let it go through. Back when you had to buy all tickets as one ways I could book the first ticket but the second was always declined.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Well, this is ridiculous... I went down to the Air Asia office in Yangon and they are dumbfounded as to what is happening. On their screen my reservation shows as "Confirmed" and "Payment due: 0.00"...but when they hit "Print" the printout comes out without any status and "Payment due: 61.00 USD" just like it appears through the airasia.com website......?

My flight is day after tomorrow and they told me to check with them again 24 hrs or earlier before the flight I told them I will just pay cash right now for the flight but the system will not allow payment (since it thinks it's already paid for)!

I did call my CC company and they say no charge has ever been attempted on that card so I have no clue what is happening but I guess I will know when I board the flight, perhaps I can take this flight for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.