Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines in-flight entertainment + upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:32 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

China Airlines in-flight entertainment + upgrades

Hi, my boyfriend is flying China Airlines (CI) from LAX to Bangkok, through Taipei. He's on CI5 LAX-TPE, connecting to CI65 TPE-BKK, and the return is CI66 connceting to CI6 into LAX. He paid for a standard restricted coach ticket. (I don't know the exact fare class but I assume we're talking about the equivalent of a usual "Y" class ticket.) Is there any way he can upgrade-- i.e., does CI offer any kind of buy-up option?

(I also had a question about the in-flight ent system but now see on their site that pretty much everything they fly has good touch-screen personal video on demand for economy, so I think he'll be fine.)

Last edited by pnoeric; Nov 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by pnoeric
Hi, my boyfriend is flying China Airlines (CI) from LAX to Bangkok, through Taipei. He's on CI5 LAX-TPE, connecting to CI65 TPE-BKK, and the return is CI66 connceting to CI6 into LAX. He paid for a standard restricted coach ticket. (I don't know the exact fare class but I assume we're talking about the equivalent of a usual "Y" class ticket.) Is there any way he can upgrade-- i.e., does CI offer any kind of buy-up option?

(I also had a question about the in-flight ent system but now see on their site that pretty much everything they fly has good touch-screen personal video on demand for economy, so I think he'll be fine.)
IFE on CI 0005/6, no IFE on CI 0065/66.

You can ask for buy up option at the counter but it's usually not cheap.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:23 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
IFE on CI 0005/6, no IFE on CI 0065/66.

You can ask for buy up option at the counter but it's usually not cheap.
Thanks. Do you know offhand what kind of equipment he's on for the TPE-BKK leg (65 and 66)?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Old 744... this is the tag flight to Amsterdam that has a 1-stop at Bangkok.

All you get is a big screen but I don't think much will be played on this short haul.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:34 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Old 744... this is the tag flight to Amsterdam that has a 1-stop at Bangkok.

All you get is a big screen but I don't think much will be played on this short haul.
Gotcha. Thanks again, just what I needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.