Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

AirAsia LOST LUGGAGE Kuala Lumpur to Hangzhou !!! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM

I flew Air Asia on Wednesday July 21 from Kuala Lumpur in Premium class (3x the cost) ... We were 2 with one luggage each ... They lost one of our luggage ...

No AirAsia employee at the arrival, had to talk to airport authorities, they had me fill a claim form ... They gave me the Air Asia number ... Was able to talk to the employee one time, gave my hotel # and room ... Since then me, and 2 partners here have tried to reach the number which is 0571 8666 0696 and there is no answer in Hangzhou !!

Can someone tell me what to do?

Many thanks,
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If you have Skype or something similar, I would try calling KL. Probably a better chance of reaching someone.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If you have Skype or something similar, I would try calling KL. Probably a better chance of reaching someone.
I called with Skype about 20 times, people around me called as well ... No Answer on that number ...

I called the LOST LUGGAGE Air Asia number @KUL airport LCCT ... No answer!

I called Air Asia in Thailand they referred me to a number that had a recording with another number ... I call this number and it says NUMBER DO NOT EXIST ...

This is insane, 3 days without luggage !!! no Answer ... This is really a bad airline ... I paid PREMIUM ontop of that and my luggage was tagged HI FLYER ...

Does anyone have an idea?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
What else does premium get you? I've paid for selecting seats, but nothing more, service-wise.

Sounds like you have tried. What does the CofC say about luggage delay/loss? I'm sure you did have a few days of clothes in your carryon, though.

Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I called with Skype about 20 times, people around me called as well ... No Answer on that number ...

I called the LOST LUGGAGE Air Asia number @KUL airport LCCT ... No answer!

I called Air Asia in Thailand they referred me to a number that had a recording with another number ... I call this number and it says NUMBER DO NOT EXIST ...

This is insane, 3 days without luggage !!! no Answer ... This is really a bad airline ... I paid PREMIUM ontop of that and my luggage was tagged HI FLYER ...

Does anyone have an idea?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: various
When it happens, Air Asia has a pretty bad reputation for dealing with lost luggage--not answering phones, not calling back or following through, delays at getting you reunited with bags when they find where the luggage is, no or slow compensation, etc. I suspect that your luggage never left KUL, or got mis-loaded to a different flight. Less likely that the problem is on the Hangzhou end. If there is a resolution to get you and your bag together again, it's likely to be in Air Asia KL offices--and maybe someone above the official "Lost Luggage" department. Air Asia Thailand is actually a separate company/subsidiary and would have nothing to do with your issue, so skip that. Sorry about your experience, and I hope there was nothing in that bag that you couldn't afford to lose.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:54 am
Original Poster

AIR ASIA is officially the airline with the WORST service in the world !!

They tell me to contact them and they provide me with a link that does not exist!! They tell me to use the LIVE CHAT which I try many times to do with my logon and IT DOES NOT WORK !! (blank window) !!

I've asked 10 times for them to call me back, THEY DON'T DO IT !!

I have no information ... no nothing ...

PLEASE NEVER FLY AIR ASIA ... I will start a website and a campaign about this ... believe me it will cost them more than my lost luggage ... I will document everything and have everything checked by a lawyer ...

Try to imagine the level of pissed OFF that i am !!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

NO NEWS FROM AIR ASIA ... I talked to them for 1 hour finally in Singapore ... They told me they cannot help me on the phone (!!!!!!!!!) ...

The only way is to fill a complaint form on the internet (a feedback form) !!

Is this for real??

Please say bye bye to your luggage if you fly on Air Asia ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.