Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cebu air pacific

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by christep
By the way, why was this thread moved to "Other Asian ... frequent flyer programmes"? Cebu Pacific doesn't have a frequent flyer programme. In my opinion this should be in the Asia forum where it started.
Actually, they did have an FFP: the Summit Club. It was ended in 2004-2005 when Cebu Pacific became an LCC, then it adopted WorldPerks until their agreement with NW was modified in 2006 so that miles can only be redeemed, not earned, on 5J flights.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: OZ*G
Originally Posted by ambrogz
we are planning to fly CEBU AIR PACIFIC from MNL to HKG

they fly out of Manila but is it the international airport of Manila from which other standard airlines fly?

is it Ok to fly with them?

we find it a cheap and easy way to get from A to B

any hints , warnings?

can I buy a ticket on their www using a european credit card?

thank you for your help

I didn't fly this route, but I did the reverse.

Pros: Very cheap compared to Cathay as I was doing an Open Jaw/Oneway. I also did MNL-BKK for which they were fine as well.

They try to keep the flight fun, playing mini games like "Show me.."

Cons: No miles
I did have problems with my NA credit card, but had a connection in MNL who was able to issue the ticket at a Cebu Pacific ticket office. It is actually cheaper than their website if that's an option for you.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hoto
I didn't fly this route, but I did the reverse.

Pros: Very cheap compared to Cathay as I was doing an Open Jaw/Oneway. I also did MNL-BKK for which they were fine as well.

They try to keep the flight fun, playing mini games like "Show me.."

Cons: No miles
I did have problems with my NA credit card, but had a connection in MNL who was able to issue the ticket at a Cebu Pacific ticket office. It is actually cheaper than their website if that's an option for you.
Interesting. I used to credit my 5J flights to NW, but this partnership appears to have gone by the way side.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Interesting. I used to credit my 5J flights to NW, but this partnership appears to have gone by the way side.
In 2006, 5J flights no longer became eligible for mileage accrual, although mileage redemption was still possible.

The agreements 5J had with NW (there were two: this one and a cargo agreement) however were suspended when the Philippines was downgraded to Cat II by the FAA in 2007. I'm not sure if DL will honor NW's previous agreements with 5J and GA when both the Philippines and Indonesia get out of Cat II, but with GA possibly entering SkyTeam, the agreement might become moot.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Akiestar
I don't remember reading this on Smile. If they do have this rule, then they don't enforce it since I was able to bring a bunch of pastries bought from a Delifrance in Singapore onboard and eat it afterwards.
Apologies - my bad - it is Tiger Airways (or I should rather say Australian arm of Tiger Airways as I have never flown with SIN-based Tiger) that does not allow for any kind of 'outside' food.

It is perfectly OK with Cebu Pacific to bring your own food/drinks.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
It is perfectly OK with Cebu Pacific to bring your own food/drinks.
Just to clarify: 5J will not heat up your food if it needs to be heated.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 am

I wish Cebu Pacific bring back Summit Club.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by intrepidwanderer
I wish Cebu Pacific bring back Summit Club.
Was summit club their frequent flier program?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Originally Posted by MK19791980
Was summit club their frequent flier program?
Yes. I believe that back then, you can use it to redeem NWA flights (although not completely sure - it's been quite a while)...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: United 1k
Cebu air pacific

Wow, I wish that was still the case;I started flying Cebu Pacific in 2008 but stopped due to them not having any rewards program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.