Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheels Up Connect Membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Seems like the Connect program is effectively being phased out. They just introduced increased pricing on the empties, some of them are still $320 to fly but most are now thousands of dollars. Additionally, Events are non-existent, benefits seem to be dwindling, and the concierge are worthless. It was a good run but Connect offers no value at this point.

If you are looking for a charter program it could be worthwhile looking into the Core membership level. Of course YMMV!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Originally Posted by Townshend
They just introduced increased pricing on the empties, some of them are still $320 to fly but most are now thousands of dollars.
I noticed this, too. The good news is for the first time in a long time the WUPJ (former DPJ / TMC) legs and for the first time ever (that I'm aware of) Mountain Aviation legs are appearing in the empty leg listings. The bad news is the pricing is kind of absurd and definitely nonsensical. Nearly $10k for a 1h 36m flight or $320 for a 1h 24m flight - both operated by Citation X's. Hopefully this is a software issue and they'll get it sorted out. If they do, it's a tremendous value-add for members, but if this pricing is the plan going forward I don't see many people paying near-charter prices for sporadic empty legs.

Also worth noting, in an 8K filed today Wheels Up said they're going to cut $30m in annual employee costs. No specifics on which jobs will be cut other than stating it won't be flight crew, maintenance or operational positions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.