Search

Private jets selling empty legs direct

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Private jets selling empty legs direct

I'm curious, how many private jet operators are selling empty legs directly to the public?

In Europe, I know of two:

http://www.flyblink.com/blink-now/emptylegdeals
https://www.globeair.com/en/deals/

They are actually pretty good deals even if you don't have a service like JetSmarter.

Are there others?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you mean as opposed to brokers?

i think there are still a lot, and jetsmarter is not an operator are they?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

no jetsmarter is not an operator.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:25 am

West Coast Aviation, based out of SNA, sells them direct in the range of $500-1000, although they are a bit sporadic. They're listed on their website as "Next Day Deals". Example flight last month was a 8 seat King Air, JAC-SNA for $1000.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:49 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
JetSuite SuiteDeals are the same thing, too.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Is there any way to get notified of deals to-from a particular airport? I'd rather get an email that something is available to/from my home field than have to look this up all the time.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

JetSmarter alerts you for those, but I'm not aware of any of the operators themselves setting up alerts.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
JetSuite claims to have alerts, but they've been broken for months. If anybody knows somebody down there, PM me and get me in touch so they can fix it.

West Coast Charters has an email list, but I'm not sure they publish that many deals anymore.

Other than JetSmarter, that's all I know about.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by dordal
JetSuite claims to have alerts, but they've been broken for months. If anybody knows somebody down there, PM me and get me in touch so they can fix it.

West Coast Charters has an email list, but I'm not sure they publish that many deals anymore.

Other than JetSmarter, that's all I know about.
I also haven't seen a JetSuite deal in a couple weeks. Is something going on there? (Or maybe I'm too late every day—but it seem out of the ordinary.)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re jetsuite mid 2016, they launched jetsuitex apr 2016
seem to recall some jetsuitex flights use the phenoms..

interesting (taking context into account) >
sherpareport.com/aircraft/empty-legs-tips.html
Anthony Tivnan, President at Magellan noted “If your flight is business-related we strongly recommend against booking an empty leg. The 20-40% in potential savings could put an important meeting, worth much more than the savings, at high risk. “

Mike Farley at Private Jet Services stated “99% of what is marketed as an "empty leg" is a marketing ploy or often a bait and switch by "bedroom brokers." Larger aviation companies are doing their best to minimize empty legs as they represent inefficiency in our business model...that said they do exist from time to time.” Mike continued “Our empty legs are marketed to our clients first. We want to ensure our client service team provides our clients with the first opportunity to take advantage of the positioning legs." And he added “Our pricing is dictated by how well the clients routing matches the repositioning leg. Perfect matching allows for steep discounts of 50-70% off normal pricing. If additional flying or alternate flight paths are needed- the discount may not be as steep.”
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Jetsuite X uses ERJs

From my understanding, JetsuiteX solely operates out of FBOs using the Embraer regional jets. Not the Phenom 100 or their Citation Jet 3s

As far as empty leg "deals" I still have quite a bit of doubt with the $500 and $1000 deals actually working.

Have any of you been successful with booking these going to where you actually want to go, when you need to go?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is a post mentioning jetsuitex using phenom (if undersold??)

what do you mean deals working, some here booked them/others ?
FTers posting here recently pretty much do the deals/included
there are many FTers who charter, obviously different market
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
From my understanding, JetsuiteX solely operates out of FBOs using the Embraer regional jets. Not the Phenom 100 or their Citation Jet 3s

As far as empty leg "deals" I still have quite a bit of doubt with the $500 and $1000 deals actually working.

Have any of you been successful with booking these going to where you actually want to go, when you need to go?

I have taken one and it was totally awesome.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there is a post mentioning jetsuitex using phenom (if undersold??)

what do you mean deals working, some here booked them/others ?
FTers posting here recently pretty much do the deals/included
there are many FTers who charter, obviously different market
There is no denying that the $500 $1000 deals work...occasionally.

I just have friends who have traveled to the airport w/ family and luggage for a wheelsup deal at maybe $375 or so, NY-Nantucket only to have the TMC plane pulled after speaking with the pilots who apologized for getting an updated itinerary and having to leave. Then, they had to hop back in the car, drive an hour to JFK. Book coach tickets on JetBlue as that was all that was available and wait several hours for their now EVENING flight.

This is unacceptable, even at a huge discount. I haven't tried myself, as I don't see the benefit of ruining a vacation or meeting on an unreliable form of transportation.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:01 am
Suspended

helvetic, which one did you take? Can you elaborate? Time crunch, or complete leisure?

I'm very interested to hear the other side of this as all I've heard was negatives and I end up paying (at least) empty leg pricing as a minimum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.