Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boom $5k return - 3.4 hours LHR/JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steveo
I always figured they could make a killing doing LAX-NYC flights this way, of course they would need to deal with the noise issues. Lets say I could leave at 9 am, arrive in LA at 7 am. Could leave LA at 3 pm, and be home by 7 pm, that would be a great deal!
You'll probably to hitch a ride in the back seat of a Blackbird to get that kind of speed! AFAIK, it's still the only manned jet (that we know of) to go coast-to-coast in 59 minutes.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
The C-Series program costed $5.4B. The Embraer E2 was cheap at 1.7B. These are established companies with hundreds and hundreds of similar planes sold. (the CRJ700/900/1000 alone sold 829). I do not see where that kinds of money will come from to an unknown.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chx1975
The C-Series program costed $5.4B. The Embraer E2 was cheap at 1.7B. These are established companies with hundreds and hundreds of similar planes sold. (the CRJ700/900/1000 alone sold 829). I do not see where that kinds of money will come from to an unknown.
The unknown companies won't be the ones who eventually build the production planes. In order for you or I to ever board a supersonic AA flight from LAX to JFK, it'll have to be Boeing or Airbus building it. That's where the billions will come from.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by pinniped
The unknown companies won't be the ones who eventually build the production planes. In order for you or I to ever board a supersonic AA flight from LAX to JFK, it'll have to be Boeing or Airbus building it. That's where the billions will come from.
You are right, unless a multi-billionaire in the ME invests tonnes of cash into Bombardier, Embraer, Lokheed Martin, or BAE even. You could even have national governments investing the money as we saw with Concorde.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.