Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
While I do agree with the point of the article, it undercuts itself every time it compares the cost of JetSmarter to first class seats. Quit pointing out that private jets cost more then first class....no duh.

Except, that's what JetSmarter compared itself to and marketed itself against when it was selling memberships.

"If you talk about first class, [JetSmarter] is very much an alternative," he said. The cost per seat is as low as $600 and as high as $5,000, depending on the flight and type service, Petrossov said.
“We democratized private jets, making them affordable for up to 2.5 million people who used to fly first and business class,” Petrossov said. “In the next stage, we will seek to make our prices affordable for as many as 15 million people.”
Nicoolio likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by millions
Except, that's what JetSmarter compared itself to and marketed itself against when it was selling memberships.
No where in there did it ever say they would be cheaper then flying first class, just an alternative to those who usually do.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
No where in there did it ever say they would be cheaper then flying first class, just an alternative to those who usually do.
Is FREE cheaper than first class? Also, if the idea is to be an alternative to first class, how is it not relevant to compare the costs between the two?

Last edited by millions; Sep 13, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I think the real question is which is a better value?

1) United First at $500. There will be some other people on the plane in addition to you.
2) Your own jet, with no TSA, going when you want it, picking you up from whatever airport you prefer, and dropping you at whatever airport you'd prefer, for $2K. There will be some other people on the plane in addition to you.

I know which one I'd choose.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by dordal

1) United First at $500. There will be some other people on the plane in addition to you.
2) Your own jet, with no TSA, going when you want it, picking you up from whatever airport you prefer, and dropping you at whatever airport you'd prefer, for $2K. There will be some other people on the plane in addition to you.

Of course. But the financial outlay is a necessary part of that value calculation, and OP seems irritated by the article's inclusion of that outlay.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

I don't see #2 as being JetSmarter -- whenever I look at the flights you have the difference in price about right - but UA has 5-10 flights a day on that route sometimes to multiple airports whereas JS is one a day or a week and its from a private airport further from where i live than the commercial options. I've also been on enough full private jets to know that it's not all that, particularly smaller ones. It also is less convenient than flying commercially at least for me.
Heuston likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:58 am

I respectfully disagree with Dordal’s characterization. If you join a shared shuttle for $2k, you do not get to choose the time. You do not get to choose the airport. Much like a commercial airline, the schedules and routes are set and you can choose to ticket on a flight.

What he describes is creating a shuttle or shared charter - you choose airports, time, and plane. While maybe that can be had for $2k in select circumstances, that really is not the rule. You are looking at 10s of thousands, often with the hope other people join your flight.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:40 am

@Nicoolio @dval44, if you look at the screenshot millions posted above, its $1990 for a 'CUSTOMSHUTTLE', which is the one where you a plane from the airport you want, on your schedule.

That said, I can't replicate that price right now, despite being a member. Cheapest I see on the NY/FL route is closer to $3500.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:54 pm
Suspended

@Nicoolio @dval44, if you look at the screenshot millions posted above, its $1990 for a 'CUSTOMSHUTTLE', which is the one where you a plane from the airport you want, on your schedule.

That said, I can't replicate that price right now, despite being a member. Cheapest I see on the NY/FL route is closer to $3500.
When you click through it shows how many seats you have to buy at that price so while it shows me $3,830 to start my own shared flight New York to Chicago when I click through it's really $3,830 x 4 seats = $15,320 for one way on a light jet - plus I can't change it or get a refund once I book. I could probably charter an entire aircraft for around the same price LOL. The $3,445 to Florida requires buying 4 seats if you go through to book it.

Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:52 pm

JetSmarter a bait and switch operation.

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
My membership is expiring this month. I've asked Jetsmarter for a full refund as I couldn't enjoy my membership the last year the way I wanted to. And they've offered me a 12 months "new" membership for free.

I've refused and still asked for my full refund. Will sue them if they don't accept. Will join a group lawsuit with pleasure.

We have been scammed by JetSmarter. They sold us a membership with some clear benefits like free shuttle flights,.. And they even confirmed by email to members that old members will not be affected by their new plan. And as we all know, it's not the case.

I find this crazy. Meanwhile, they still send press reviews telling the world that they're growing, that they have a 3 digits extension rate,.. I'm sure that's it's 100% ......... The numbers don't add up.

We had tons of shuttles last year. Sometimes up to 20 per day between Miami and New York, now it's like few times a week. And it's the same principle with every single other shuttle. For some it's even worst as there is no avaibility at all (100% of shuttles in Europe, Russia, Middle East + some Americans routes ) Only a fool would trust what they're saying in press releases. They're scamming us + they're sending fake news.

I'm not gonna accept it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:45 am

Yep and as Nicolo pointed out it is not $3500. It is $3500 *if* you have 3 friends who are also willing to pay $3500. And in that who case, are you even still picking the exact airport and time you want? Likely not unless you are traveling together anyways.

Maybe you could do it once in a blue moon with the “pending shuttle” option, but the stars would really have to line up. And even then, you can’t pick your airport outside of a pretty small list.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dval44

Yep and as Nicolo pointed out it is not $3500. It is $3500 *if* you have 3 friends who are also willing to pay $3500. And in that who case, are you even still picking the exact airport and time you want? Likely not unless you are traveling together anyways.

Maybe you could do it once in a blue moon with the “pending shuttle” option, but the stars would really have to line up. And even then, you can’t pick your airport outside of a pretty small list.
or you just buy the four seats for 14k and not use the other 3 - but then again ur stuck and can't change or cancel and when i've looked the prices in many cases bump up against just chartering the whole plane.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:59 am

Amusing

I find this discussion interesting. It sounds like a debatre over
whixh loan shark or criminal enterprise you are deciding to use.
inam now with Selts Jets
i am sure they won’t steal and rob from their members
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:12 pm

Well more wonderful news out of JS today:

- As of today you can only use 25% of your flight credit to pay for a flight. The rest must be paid with cash.
- XOJet was bought today by VistaJet. Closes next quarter. I could be wrong, but I can't see VistaJet keeping the XOJet empty leg program.

The devaluations continue.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

Well more wonderful news out of JS today:

- As of today you can only use 25% of your flight credit to pay for a flight. The rest must be paid with cash.
- XOJet was bought today by VistaJet. Closes next quarter. I could be wrong, but I can't see VistaJet keeping the XOJet empty leg program.

The devaluations continue.
- Do you mean 25% of your flight credit or 25% of the flight cost? Seems strange to base it on your fc balance, but wouldn’t put it past them.

- I’m a member of the Vista jet empty leg program and their empties are *very* expensive. Like there was one yesterday from Tokyo to New York for $200,000. Could it be possible that Vista sees the xojet model and is happy/interested in the concept? Seems possible to me. Not likely, just possible.

They are very into prestige, but also into making money. I rode on a Vista charter several times in Asia and was not too impressed. 7/10 all around. Fine but not mind-blowing, with several hiccups.

Thought: Apple made me sign some new terms and conditions when updating the JS app. Have any unhappy members thought to go through Apple for refunds/disputes, given that payments are made through the app? just a thought - not sure if it’s viable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.