Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:20 pm

I know nothing about it but he does seem to have a team and have investors. To me giving $100 to Aura has more value than giving anything to JetSmarter at this point.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristin.../#7a50c03913c9

new writeup about Aura. The idea sounds nice but have high doubts about sustainability.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Did anyone else noticed Jetsmarter substantially lowered how much a token reduces flights above 3 hours? Dallas To LA or NY used to be $275 after token, then became variable but usually $350 or so, and now the token only takes $100 off.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
Supposedly there's an attorney with 75 members and is going to file next week. I've reached out to them for additional detail and will suggest they post here should they want.
do you know who’s leading it? My firm was considering doing the same.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
I hear when they put back token use the other day they also started charging for routes that previously were free [with the token]. Is this true?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by arthckr
I hear when they put back token use the other day they also started charging for routes that previously were free [with the token]. Is this true?
Yes, very true. There are still a few routes that are free. But Chicago to NY used to be free and it's not now. This is one of a bunch of examples.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by krazieman

if anyone gets serious about pursuing this please PM me. I'm interested in joining
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:16 am

I'm interested too. Please DM me as I'd love to join
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

if anyone gets serious about pursuing this please PM me. I'm interested in joining
Originally Posted by krazieman

I'd love to join! DM me if anyone is doing this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Wheels Up, American Airlines, Jetmembership.com, Delta, Jetblue, Marriott
Regarding AURA - Sounds Like a good concept. However think logically....Wouldn't JetBlue, American, United, Delta, (Delta by the way who own Delta Private Jets) If this was feasible they would already be running these programs. Except one slight problem, Its isn't feasible and that's why they don't do it.

Also aircraft delivery, the manufacturers aren't going to stop production for other carriers to fill an order for AURA they need to wait like everyone else Which brings me to my next point, AURA hasn't order one airplane which is public knowledge...so that means if they haven't ordered an aircraft yet and they place the order today they still wouldn't have there first aircraft for 5+ years.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I am guessing they're either going to lease planes or purchase older used planes and refurbish them into the product they're proposing to offer.

i do believe there is a market for this kind of service. The problems being high operating costs and improper or unsustainable growth. There are already existing competitors which makes things difficult. Each operation goes after a slightly different crowd but all in the same general market which makes competition rough.

Originally Posted by BusinessFlyer45
Regarding AURA - Sounds Like a good concept. However think logically....Wouldn't JetBlue, American, United, Delta, (Delta by the way who own Delta Private Jets) If this was feasible they would already be running these programs. Except one slight problem, Its isn't feasible and that's why they don't do it.

Also aircraft delivery, the manufacturers aren't going to stop production for other carriers to fill an order for AURA they need to wait like everyone else Which brings me to my next point, AURA hasn't order one airplane which is public knowledge...so that means if they haven't ordered an aircraft yet and they place the order today they still wouldn't have there first aircraft for 5+ years.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:06 pm

Re Aura, I'd love to see any of the following:
1. A team (LinkedIn shows just the founder, the team they have listed on their website are full-time at other companies)
2. An aircraft (or even just a delivery date for an aircraft)
3. A firm launch date ('2019' is anywhere from 6 to 18 months out)
4. Anything that indicates this is more than a powerpoint deck and a website
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:50 pm

Am I the only one who is a smart member and sees that Friday flight NYC-LA is 20K? My tokens are 275$, what a discount!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by vslayer100
I'd love to join! DM me if anyone is doing this.
DM me too, I’d love to join you too!!!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Let's hope that JS is able to find a sustainable business model and maybe all along they should have sold seats to the general public to supplement their member revenue. Despite countless offers, I never signed up even though I was "this close" more than a few times, I just never pulled the trigger.

No members should be surprised though. In this forum, as early as the first dozen comments people were saying comments such as "enjoy it while it lasts" or "this is great but no way they can keep burning money" and it seems the investors are looking to cut their losses. Great run JS, sorry I wasn't able to take advantage like many of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.