Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

Aren't we getting a bit too big-Brotherish? (or ... another Internet Brands meltdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aren't we getting a bit too big-Brotherish? (or ... another Internet Brands meltdown)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yikes... I just looked. I lost 10,000 posts.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Randy, I have a problem the post count but, it was something wrong the post count but, I have 8,299 posts. So could you please fixed the post count for me, please? It was seen something wrong the post count. So it was reduced back to 7,793 posts. So could you please get fixed it for me soon as possible. So if you have any more questionability for your concerns.

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yeah, it was something wrong the post count. I'm sure Randy will have to be fixed the post count.

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 10, 2009 at 1:05 pm Reason: Consolidated poster's two consecutive posts
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
ALL OMNI posts now removed from post count

Not sure if this has made its way into any other threads on this board, but I have just noticed that all OMNI (and OMNI P/R) posts have now been removed from my post count.

Is this intentional? Planned? Did we have warning?

Cheers

ajax
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:39 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

As per the above, I have no idea what the brains at Internet Brands are doing with the server and the system to make several technical things inconvenient for you.

Here's what I would propose -- you along with me wait until we get an all clear sign from them and then we'll see if things haven't returned to normal. Worrying about every little thing as they attempt to repair their own caused damage to FlyerTalk is going to send us all to early graves.

So, exhale slowly -- envision positive things, inhale slowly, hold those positive thoughts ...
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
As per the above, I have no idea what the brains at Internet Brands are doing
Believe me, Randy. You are not alone on this one.

So, exhale slowly -- envision positive things, inhale slowly, hold those positive thoughts ...
May I ask how long do we have to hold those positive thoughts?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:04 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Oh, that's easy. Until your smiling uplifted face has a splat of white on it rained down from the heavens.

And guys, I am more disgusted with this continued situation than any of you.

Originally Posted by lin821
May I ask how long do we have to hold those positive thoughts?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, that's easy. Until your smiling uplifted face has a splat of white on it rained down from the heavens.

And guys, I am more disgusted with this continued situation than any of you.
What are you says something to us, Randy? Are you willing try to get fixed the post count back to normal routine. I believe it was Internet problems in COS. So please let me know if you can do something for everyone. Thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:36 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

The advice is the same posted elsewhere ... this is a tech issue directly responsible by Internet Brands. COS is not involved as we haven't hosted or been involved in the tech issue of IF for a few years now.

This is not a post count issue. It's an issue relater to some other tech issues from Internet Brands and as the main issue is fixed, I'm sure that all the other issues will be addressed as well. So please, you don't need to keep gassing up the black helicopters and indeed, you'll see a growing anxiety from me over this issue as Internet Brands seems to to be working toward really, really pissing me off. (sorry for the language but this is my forum and on occasion I can't control myself. My apologies to those who expect more from me, even in times like this.)

Originally Posted by N830MH
What are you says something to us, Randy? Are you willing try to get fixed the post count back to normal routine. I believe it was Internet problems in COS. So please let me know if you can do something for everyone. Thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The advice is the same posted elsewhere ... this is a tech issue directly responsible by Internet Brands. COS is not involved as we haven't hosted or been involved in the tech issue of IF for a few years now.

This is not a post count issue. It's an issue relater to some other tech issues from Internet Brands and as the main issue is fixed, I'm sure that all the other issues will be addressed as well. So please, you don't need to keep gassing up the black helicopters and indeed, you'll see a growing anxiety from me over this issue as Internet Brands seems to to be working toward really, really pissing me off. (sorry for the language but this is my forum and on occasion I can't control myself. My apologies to those who expect more from me, even in times like this.)
Ok. Thanks for your efforts about problems. Where they need to be patience for awhile until the servers will be fixed sometime tonight or all day long. So if you ever talk like this way about my post count. So please forgiven me that I didn't see it this morning but, I woke up around 10:30am and I went to sleep around 2am this early morning. So however, I will try wait to see if tech supports need to get fixing soon as possible.

Last edited by N830MH; Apr 10, 2009 at 4:33 pm
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ajax
Not sure if this has made its way into any other threads on this board, but I have just noticed that all OMNI (and OMNI P/R) posts have now been removed from my post count.

Is this intentional? Planned? Did we have warning?

Cheers

ajax
Wow, I just noticed! I have only 3,000 posts now!

but at least I STILL have more posts than you!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Well, that will teach us to complain, won't it?

Or, alternatively, maybe that's why they think we've stopped posting?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Good evening, Randy.

My last post was April 8th in the Chicago forum. However, when I logged in a few minutes ago, I see this:

Welcome, LadyPhoenix.
You last visited: Jan 3, 09 at 6:08 pm

Am I doing something wrong??
Old Apr 10, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by LadyPhoenix
Am I doing something wrong??
Yes, you are late for the party.

If you had visited Technical Issues Forum and read some sample threads, you'll know what's been going on since 4/8/09.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-9-2009-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...invisible.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...isit-date.html

Or Randy even had expressed his unhappy mood here & here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.