Wiki Posts
Search

LatinPass miles - worthless!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 1999, 11:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

LatinPass miles - worthless!

I called LatinPass today to redeem 5,000 miles for Hilton HHonors points. They flatly refused, saying that enrollment bonus miles can't be used with *any* partners, even when combined with normal flight miles (that leaves out car and hotel awards, along with flights on the only decent carriers in the program -- TWA, KLM, and US Airways).

When I signed up for LatinPass, I was never told that enrollment bonus miles would be treated any differently from other miles in the program when used for partner awards. Nothing in the member guide says that I can't redeem them for HHonors points.

The moral of the story: Steer clear of LatinPass if you want your miles to be honored when you call in to use them.
Old Nov 3, 1999, 11:14 am
Original Member
Original Poster

This is directly from the LatinPass web site (Main page --> Points transfer --> Hilton HHonors):

---

Hilton HHonors: Hilton HHonors members can Double Dip by earning both HHonors points and LatinPass miles for the same business rate stay. With the HHonors Reward Exchange program you can exchange LatinPass miles for HHonors point to redeem for hotel stays, and redeem HHonors points for LatinPass miles for free award travel.

For more information on Hilton Honors please call
1-800-HHONORS (446-6677), or visit their web site at www.hilton.com/hhonors .

LatinPass Miles
Hilton Honors Points

Old Nov 3, 1999, 3:29 pm
pgupta011

I too have 5000 (freebie bonus) miles with Latin Pass which were supposed to have expired last year, but are still there in my account. I've tried a few times to transfer them to Hilton, without success. I am told that they have written rules about this in their printed guide.

Old Nov 3, 1999, 3:30 pm
pgupta011

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001615.html

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 11-03-1999).]

Old Nov 4, 1999, 6:57 am
Original Member
Original Poster

It isn't written *anywhere* that you can't redeem signup bonus miles for partner awards. And according to LatinPass, you'll *never* be able to, making them practically worthless. The person I spoke to at LatinPass said that no matter how many flight miles you accumulated in the program, the "policy" wouldn't change, but she couldn't direct me to anything in the member guide that says this.

It seems that with LatinPass, the member guide is worthless because policies change depending on the whim of the person you're talking to.

I wonder if they treat threshold bonus miles the same way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.