Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline bidding help - now for a fee!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

http://bestbidding.co.cc/

This guy was helping people with PL bids on the FW travel forum - he had a great thread going, and the feedback seemed to be that he knew what he was talking about. The thread got locked by the mods a couple of days ago, and I guess this is why - he's starting to charge for his service.
Now this starts to make sense, although I still want to know how he knows what to bid.

I've seen the opprobrium generated by discussion of BFT, and I've noticed a general decline of people posting. Where else can I get info on completed bids?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Thanks for posting and sharing the info. I had just started to follow his posts on FW. Why did the mods make him stop ? Don't understand ?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by shabster

I've seen the opprobrium generated by discussion of BFT, and I've noticed a general decline of people posting. Where else can I get info on completed bids?
http://www.betterbidding.com/
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Tom911 - I just registered & posted a bid from today. will I be hassled that I didn't bid through their links? - IOW, do they want my info or the referral credit more?

LKHomemail: FW doesn't allow posting of any links where the poster can profit from them - it can turn into really annoying spam. I guess coolwulf started to put the link to his site into his answers (it won't show now, as I'm sure they deleted all the links)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 10:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by shabster
will I be hassled that I didn't bid through their links?
No idea. I've never posted on that board, though do look at it once in a while.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I stopped posting on BFT because the person who runs the board makes it so unpleasant. Don't need the hassle.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:04 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Not a bad price $1.95 per request. I saved much time on bidding by taking his advice. Last few weeks... I have stayed at a 3* Sheraton Providence for $35 a night; regular rate at $119.

I will support his site.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
www.betterbidding.com doesn't ban or beat up people for not going through their links. At most, there might be a polite request or a gentle reminder to use them next time.

A post with information gets a Thank You.

Also, the membership (and therefore number of posts) continues to grow.

Romelle
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is FW?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:52 pm

FW = Fatwallet
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by nigelloring
FW = Fatwallet
Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 2:10 am

Even if you wonīt get harassed at betterbidding, itīs nice to show support by going through their link. I always do. A few cents cashback through some other link isnīt worth the hassle.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:16 am
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck

Dear all,
One of my friends told me this thread so I 'm here

I finally decided to open this site after several people on FW forum encouraged me after they used my service. And I believe this is the only way to keep this help service running for more people and run it longer. I would like to help people with no charge however this service is starting to take more and more time from me and more and more resources than I expected...

About the $1.95 price, actually several friends of mine suggested this price, considering papal charging $.30 transaction fee and thanks to a few people behind this service, I think it's a very cheap and reasonable price. But if people still think it's expensive, I 'll try find a way to lower it down if possible.

Just my 2 cents here and wanted to clarify this service. Thank you for your attention.

- coolwulf -
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:43 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Coolwulf,

I found your service invaluable... and will use it.

Perhaps an option would be to charge a "one time fee" that provides for unlimited requests. I know I would prefer that.

William
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:50 am
Former Company Representative, BidPriceCheck

Originally Posted by wharvey
Coolwulf,

I found your service invaluable... and will use it.

Perhaps an option would be to charge a "one time fee" that provides for unlimited requests. I know I would prefer that.

William
Currently, I don't have an estimate for the price of "unlimited requests" service since the resources cost will be unknown. And I want to be responsible for each request don't want to be overwhelmed by too much requests...

Right now, we 're giving the first 1000 customers 2 additional free requests upon the paid request hope this will help people to decide which hotel they want to stay. Maybe in the future we'll improve our service to have 2 or more star levels available for every requests but this needs to be carefully considered.

Last edited by coolwulf; Sep 4, 2009 at 10:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.