Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com WelcomeRewards - Stay 10 Nights, Get 1 Anywhere Free!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

http://www.hotels.com/welcomerewards...wards_benefits

Earn Anywhere
Earn free nights at the places you like to stay. After you stay 10 nights at any hotels.com partner property priced at USD40 or more, we will give you 1 free night at any hotels.com partner property. Whether it's a motel in Milwaukee or a bed and breakfast in the Bahamas, where ever you stay, we make it count.

Enjoy Anywhere
Enjoy your free nights at any hotels.com partner hotel. A five-star resort in the Bay Area or a night in the heart of New York City, the choice is yours. Anywhere, anytime, with no blackout dates to worry about.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:45 pm

Is this still around? Whenever I try to acess the link I am re directed to hotels.se and I cant find anything there about this. Can I book rooms for other people as long as I use my account? Or do all 10 nights be in my name? Have I understood it correctly that 10 nights for min 40$ gets my a hotel anywhere?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: My travel agent
Maybe I am not understanding this correctly but how can you get the effective 10% discount (stay 10 times, get 1 night free) ALWAYS? For example when you stayed 10 nights for a price X, then you have found another nice hotel priced lower than X, you plan to spend a weekends in (for some reason you don't want to stay at the more expensive one, you don't like it that much), you effectively don't get the 10% return. Maybe 8%.

Just for the record. Do I understand it correctly? If there is a workaround I am sure you know about it.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It's a free night at the averaged night cost. So your 10 different daily rates combined divided by 10. That's just how it works.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
It's a free night at the averaged night cost. So your 10 different daily rates combined divided by 10. That's just how it works.
Further to wayfahrer's question, you also get to choose when you use the free night. So if you end up staying 10 nights at a Fairmont for $200 and earn one free night worth $200, you get to choose when to apply it. If your next stay after that is at a Sleep Inn worth $75, you can opt to pay cash and save your $200 night for the next time you stay at a Fairmont, for example.

Personally, I like the flexibility of this rewards program. Maybe the rewards aren't quite as generous as SPG and the like, but I find that when I have the flexibility to book any hotel from any chain, I can get some very good deals. The WelcomeRewards are basically the icing on the cake.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yes I choose to use SPG and Hyatt as my main hotels for travel for status and then anything beyond the two I use hotels. That way I maintain a certain level of rewards (sometimes with status depending on the chain) when I have to "cheat" on my main programs.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:48 pm

I like Hotels.com so far. Is there a way to search for hotels in a whole country or geographic area (region, province, county)? Helpful if you want to go to the countryside, not to the big city.

Last edited by Wayfahrer; Dec 21, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:04 pm

Let's say I spent 10 nights at $150 a night. Then another 10 night at $100 a night. Will I get 1 free night of $150 and $100 respectively or can I have 2 nights at $125 in average? Or 2 nights at $130 per night with me making up the price for the additional $5 per night. Needless to say the cost-averaging option would be much more efficient.

I read the FAQ but still need more clarification.

Unfortunately Hotels.com customer service is not so advanced so I better ask it here.

Last edited by Wayfahrer; Dec 21, 2013 at 9:10 pm
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Also remember that prepaid nights don't count towards your 10-night total. Learning this after the fact has moved Hotels.com to the bottom of my booking site list.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:38 am

What do you mean by prepaid nights? The vast majority of Hotels.com books are prepaid though the number of member properties that do "Pay at hotel" is growing. Hotels.com has done a good job over the past year or so of very clearly labeling which rates collect and/or are available for redemption of points.

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
Also remember that prepaid nights don't count towards your 10-night total. Learning this after the fact has moved Hotels.com to the bottom of my booking site list.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:11 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by Fornebufox
I almost always pre-pay through hotels.com and those nights certainly count towards the 10.

Hotels marked with WelcomeRewards logo count, others do not.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:13 am

If you have 10 consecutive $100 nightly rate, you will get a $100 credit. They count the sequential 10 stays and take the average of those 10 nights.

Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Let's say I spent 10 nights at $150 a night. Then another 10 night at $100 a night. Will I get 1 free night of $150 and $100 respectively or can I have 2 nights at $125 in average? Or 2 nights at $130 per night with me making up the price for the additional $5 per night. Needless to say the cost-averaging option would be much more efficient.

I read the FAQ but still need more clarification.

Unfortunately Hotels.com customer service is not so advanced so I better ask it here.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:15 am
hco

Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Let's say I spent 10 nights at $150 a night. Then another 10 night at $100 a night. Will I get 1 free night of $150 and $100 respectively or <<cut>>>
Yes. One night worth 150 and one night worth 100.

(if 150 and 100 is cost excluding taxes, since taxes do not count). No cost averaging between the different bonus nights.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by hco
Yes. One night worth 150 and one night worth 100.

(if 150 and 100 is cost excluding taxes, since taxes do not count). No cost averaging between the different bonus nights.
Thanks, I see.

Next question: can you combine rewards?

For example:

- Welcome Rewards ~ effective 10% off
- Book via cashbank site - another 10% off
- Current seasonal offer - 10% off, again

Total: 30% off. Not bad! Do I understand it correctly?

Now I wonder if a corporate rate or corporate travel agent can beat this?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:58 pm
hco

[QUOTE=Wayfahrer;22037388]
Originally Posted by hco

Next question: can you combine rewards?

For example:

- Welcome Rewards ~ effective 10% off
- Book via cashbank site - another 10% off
- Current seasonal offer - 10% off, again

Total: 30% off. Not bad! Do I understand it correctly?
Welcome Rewards + Cashback, yes - sure.

(Although in my opinion, Welcome Rewards is effectively 9% off. 1 night out of 11 is free)

I don't know about the seasonal offers. Many cashback sites state that using promo codes/coupons not listed on their own site may decrease or cancel out the cashback.

Have not tried myself to tripple stack on hotels.com

I think it may be difficult to get more than WR 9% + [cashback or coupon].

Anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.