Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agoda.com

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 9:10 am

Good point, I didn't think about that.

I sent them an email (as I wasn't able to use Live Chat) and they responded by resending my login/password. So I emailed back with more specific details of the problem. Not a huge deal, but it's keeping me from booking anything so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Thanks for responding. It's always better to know that you're not alone when having problems. Gotta love FT.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:43 am

I have recently booked thru agoda.com and all I can say is that their prices are not the lowest since I was able to check on some websites which offer lower prices. But the good thing is they can beat the price, according to their website.

Their customer service sucks though, the live chat feature isnt working...I have booked with them this week and informed them that I would be checking in without a voucher, 3 times I got a msg that they will get back to me which they never did, so I was furious, and good thing I emailed the hotel directly, to inform them that I dont have the voucher, which they acknowledged.
Old May 2, 2010, 2:15 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BingoWingo
I have recently booked thru agoda.com and all I can say is that their prices are not the lowest since I was able to check on some websites which offer lower prices. But the good thing is they can beat the price, according to their website.

Their customer service sucks though, the live chat feature isnt working...I have booked with them this week and informed them that I would be checking in without a voucher, 3 times I got a msg that they will get back to me which they never did, so I was furious, and good thing I emailed the hotel directly, to inform them that I dont have the voucher, which they acknowledged.
Strange as I have found their customer service to be top notch and have used the live chat many times. Have never had a problem, again it could be that due to the problems over there right now they are just overwhelmed
Old May 2, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Agoda's lack of communications actually began before the current Thai crisis. I have problems stemming from the volcano, more than 2 weeks ago.

I'm thinking agoda works great if nothing goes wrong but it pretty horrible otherwise. Customer service stinks!

I used them 2 times before no problems. In fact quite pleased since I got a really good deal.

So I used them again but the volcano happened this time. I could not get thru to them either by phone (advertised as 24/7) or by live chat. I sent an email and it took them A WEEK to reply! Basically little more than an acknowledgment. They did send me a "cancellation notice" 2 days after my reservation was to start. Uhh, I emailed them immediately to let them know I was unable to get out due to the flight moratorium and had to cancel as a result. They said they would get back to me in 48 hrs. It's another week later. My problem is still not resolved since they have yet to get back to me.

I won't use agoda again. Very bad customer service. It is in times of extreme duress that the businesses with great customer service shine. Agoda is NOT one of the these. Instead they seem to have gone into hiding!
Old May 2, 2010, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Agoda's lack of communications actually began before the current Thai crisis. I have problems stemming from the volcano, more than 2 weeks ago.

I'm thinking agoda works great if nothing goes wrong but it pretty horrible otherwise. Customer service stinks!

I used them 2 times before no problems. In fact quite pleased since I got a really good deal.

So I used them again but the volcano happened this time. I could not get thru to them either by phone (advertised as 24/7) or by live chat. I sent an email and it took them A WEEK to reply! Basically little more than an acknowledgment. They did send me a "cancellation notice" 2 days after my reservation was to start. Uhh, I emailed them immediately to let them know I was unable to get out due to the flight moratorium and had to cancel as a result. They said they would get back to me in 48 hrs. It's another week later. My problem is still not resolved since they have yet to get back to me.

I won't use agoda again. Very bad customer service. It is in times of extreme duress that the businesses with great customer service shine. Agoda is NOT one of the these. Instead they seem to have gone into hiding!
They've gone into hiding with me too. If I can ever log back in, I'm going to use the points I have (I'm just over a redemption level) and call it quits with Agoda. This doesn't bode well for their parent company Priceline.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Marriott Gold,
Works now

I just tried it . It seems to work fine for me when I log in

CF
Old May 7, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Agoda comes thru!

I had asked for a refund of my hotel stay canceled due to the ash cloud. I had had problems contacting agoda and pretty much gave up when I didn't hear anything from them (besides the automated answer). Lo and behold, almost 3 wks later, Agoda has refunded my hotel payment in full!

Thanks agoda! Though communications wasn't great, they still resolved this issue very much to my satisfaction.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:15 am

Programs: AA, DL
I just tried to book a hotel with agoda. I received an email allegedly from their fraud-prevention division requesting that I send them a copy of the front and back of the credit card and a copy of a government-issued ID.

Have the rest of you who have used them had to provide a copy of your id?

I'm not really comfortable giving a copy of my id out like that.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:16 am

Incidentally, for some reason I can't get their website to work with Firefox (webpages show up but when you click on Book, nothing happens).

Was able to get the website to work using a different browser.
Not sure whether the problem is Firefox per se or a plug-in.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by battensea
I just tried to book a hotel with agoda. I received an email allegedly from their fraud-prevention division requesting that I send them a copy of the front and back of the credit card and a copy of a government-issued ID.

Never had that happen and I'd be cautious. What country were you trying to book for?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:35 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver

Have booked with Agoda many many times and have never had them ask for the information they are requesting from you. Credit card number, expiry date and security code is all I have ever given them.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
Never had that happen and I'd be cautious. What country were you trying to book for?
Singapore.

Found something on their website's FAQ page
http://www.agoda.com/info/agoda_faq.html#14

This may be a dealbreaker for me. I don't mind sending them a photo or copy of the credit card, but I don't want my passport or driver's license in the ether.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:55 am

Yeah, same sh** happened to me a couple years ago. I had already booked about 25 rooms from them with that cc too. At 1st, I was steaming and tried to cancel all my reservations. I calmed down and just switched to another card and all was good. wj
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:44 am

Agoda best price guarantee

Originally Posted by BingoWingo
Unfortunately, the best price guarantee is not all it is cracked up to be, upon finding a much better rate for a hotel on japanican I tried to get them to honor the best price guarantee but was turned down because japanican has different payment terms (in this case, MUCH better terms, agoda required full prepayment while japanican did not require a pre-payment).

It was actually cheaper for me to cancel, pay the agoda cancellation fee and rebook with japanican.

Save yourself some trouble and book with another site.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: A few
I just found this forum and as someone who went through the same questions I will post my experience with Agoda

I used them last year to book a hotel in Maldives. Their pricing was exceptionally low compared to everywhere else so I was suspicious. However it turned out fine. Also while we were in Maldives I wanted to extend the stay and used the online chat and was able to do so very easily. They were very helpful

I do not know about points as we were at an independent hotel but they do give you "agoda points" which I will be using for another booking this year. Again in Maldives and again their pricing is significantly better than elsewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.