Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline Rerating Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Priceline Rerating Hotels

I was surprised not to already find a thread on this, since the change apparently happened back in September. Priceline seems to have rerated all of the usual suspect business class hotels (Courtyard, Hyatt Place, Garden Inn(??-not personally sure about that one, although I am about the rest) from 2.5 to 3 stars. I was recently "upgraded" to a 3* for the Marriott Courtyard, which has been a 2.5 for like forever. I find this new PL re-rating scheme a VERY bad and misleading move. This makes the 3* rating so broad that it's virtually meaningless. I mean, look, saying that (for instance) the Hyatt Suites in Atlanta is a comparable property to the Marriott Courtyard in Columbia is laughable. This TOTALLY undermines the credibility of PL <end rant>.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:51 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You did not check too far... we talked about it back in September...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868554
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
You did not check too far... we talked about it back in September...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=868554
Sorry about that. I know to search, and I did (under Priceline), but I swear when I did it just now the results were different from when I did it before my post.
Anyway...I'll continue this in the other thread but the following description:
"The most recognized name brands and quality independent hotels in the industry, these hotels feature high quality hotel rooms and well-decorated public spaces. On-site dining is offered but may not be available for all three meals. A fitness room may also be available"
could apply to a Day's Inn. I'm staying at a "3 Star" Hyatt Place, and they don't have a restaurant at all, as such. They do have some kind of Continental Breakfast, but do every property from a Red Roof Inn on down the line.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:54 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by irobot
This makes the 3* rating so broad that it's virtually meaningless. I mean, look, saying that (for instance) the Hyatt Suites in Atlanta is a comparable property to the Marriott Courtyard in Columbia is laughable. This TOTALLY undermines the credibility of PL <end rant>.
Though I am not in total agreement with the rating system (3* for Courtyard?!), I don't think that comparing two properties in different cities is totally fair. And did you recently win a Hyatt Suites in ATL and confirm it is currently rated as 3*? What might have been rated 3* earlier could have been changed to a 3.5* now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.