Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Bidding for Travel... getting uglier!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Has anyone else noticed that there are now some participants on Bidding for Travel that are more Sheryl than Sheryl? Several people are doing their best (nancysue and Romelle, for example) to be helpful to others now that Sheryl has disappeared (permanently??), and others can do nothing but nit-pick and correct everyone else on wrong titles, wrong spelling, wrong grammar, wrong format!! Phew...
Sorry, end of rant!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I don't even bother to look at the site anymore.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:53 am

I stopped contributing on that site after I posted something and Sheryl PM me about using their AB link. I PM'ed her back saying no b/c I get can cashback from FW or ebates, and she just removed my post.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Things are getting ugly over there?? Maybe someone forgot to add the saltpeter to the sushi rice .......
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:07 pm
B1

Originally Posted by Tenerife
Has anyone else noticed that there are now some participants on Bidding for Travel that are more Sheryl than Sheryl?
She's trained them well. But I went the other way and never use the A-B link. The current moderators (GeoNit, for example) are actually courteous. I still find there is much more information than on any other site - which is reality. I did get more annoyed with Better Bidding than I ever did with Sheryl. After putting in one post I got repeated emails from the owner telling me to enter PL via Savings Barn. So I stopped posting on BB after my short career there. I continue to post the facts on BFT because it serves the purpose. I do follow the format because it's easier to find things through the title that way. I think Priceline should sponsor its own bidding board.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Why can't they (www.biddingfortravel.com) just develop some type of system with drop down boxes (menus) and everyone would just fill in the necessary information in these boxes. That way everyone would use a standardized format.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by greenery
Why can't they (www.biddingfortravel.com) just develop some type of system with drop down boxes (menus) and everyone would just fill in the necessary information in these boxes. That way everyone would use a standardized format.

100% compliance would spoil the whimsical element of this very amusing game of 'Mother May I?'
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:26 pm

Well put Orchids.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:11 pm

I wish they (she) would post some kind of announcement somewhere about the fact there is little or no attention from moderators.

I keep a frequent eye on one of the airfare bidding forums. It is frustrating to watch people to spend the time to post detailed requests for help and see them all go unanswered
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I wish they (she) would post some kind of announcement somewhere about the fact there is little or no attention from moderators.

It is frustrating to watch people to spend the time to post detailed requests for help and see them all go unanswered
My thoughts exactly. I ceased supporting the site (bidding through their links) simply because of the hipocracy of the owner. Customers are expected to dot every 'I' and cross every 'T', however management can personally abandon the site without any type of announcement to the faithful. The "golden rule" is a foreign term at BFT.

BFT should be a textbook example in any college business class. And example of how not to run a business, that is!

Last edited by BEAV; Mar 9, 2007 at 10:43 am
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:43 pm

I tried a few times to contribute to better bidding & bidding for travel and it seemed impossible to post some really good results.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 2:20 pm

deleted

Last edited by divilish; Apr 2, 2007 at 7:55 pm
Old Apr 3, 2007, 7:26 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
What are people's thoughts on betterbidding.com? I've been to both sites, but recently registered there. From what I can tell, the atmosphere seems a little better to me.

Looks like a lot of good info here, people on betterbidding and tug2.net forums have spoken highly of this site.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1P
I prefer Better Bidding. The gadflys on Bidding for Travel are just too much to take.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by greenery
Sounds like a good idea to me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.